Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1998 Kawasaki ninja zx9r no spark I recently bought this bike from Facebook marketplace non-running no spark I did eventually get the bike to fire up and run just fine oddly enough 12 volts going to the security gray wire I thought you know what if it works it works I go to reassemble the bike the next morning and I accidentally hook up the battery backwards and now it won't start no matter what I tried I do currently have six volts to the gray wire and I have a fully charged battery I also replaced the CDI to see if that was the problem cam position sensors good pick up coil is good and the stator is brand new unless it got fried by connecting the battery backwards please help I really want to get this bike back on the road

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

I have done exactly the same in the past.
there is a main fuse, think it’s just by the battery.
it’s probably blown. Cost a couple of quid.
should sort it out.
Hope all goes well.
I checked the fuse it was good but I replaced it anyways the bike cranks over no problem all lights work fuel pumps working it's just not getting spark for some reason and if individually tested all the coil packs and they are all good

· Registered
407 Posts
Normally on the C's when the engine turns over but will not start it's the Cam position sensor even if the sensor checks out good, the other problem that's common is a dirty kill switch contacts, or the ignition switch plug.

· Registered
ZX9R 2000
6 Posts
But it crank when you press the button, just no sparks, and that happens after you connected the battery the wrong way around, is that correct? Do you have the electric schematic? Maybe some component is fried by placing the battery in wrong?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts