Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I told you all how I got into an accident. My bike has been in the shop for about a week and a half. State farm went out there to access the damage and they missed a shit load of stuff!!!!! For starters the front rim is bent and they didnt even put that on the quote. I am going crazy here. They sent me a check for $2,534 (plus my $500 deductable) and the bike shop estimated the damage to $5,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wtf :thefinger

I guess when I fell I jared the rear frame a little so its bent. But dammmmnnnnn Now we faxed over willy worlds(bikes shop) estimate so now we just have to WAIT, I hate WAITING all my bro's are cruzin around and I am stuck at home!!!!!!

sorry I just had to vent. :tard

·
Registered
649 Posts
Good luck with that, don't let the insurance company railroad you!!!! You are paying them for their service so you are the customer. Stick it to 'em!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
So I used to work at a body shop...cars, not bikes. But, everything should work the same. I would keep in contact with insurance and the shop as much as possible if I were you. But, as far as the missed damage...you should be glad to know that the shop will go back and send for a supplement from the insurance company. Just make sure the shop knows everything that you noticed and they can add whatever they noticed. Be patient though, you would rather have your bike back in a month and fixed completely and the right way than to have your bike back in two days and notice that they missed a bunch. You still have much riding to do this summer. Let us know how it goes. If you have any questions about the process, let me know.

·
Registered
25 Posts
sounds like a typical insurance company to me, always quoting it so that they dont have to total out the bike and pay for it. i would definitly fight them on it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I had a claim with State Farm on a stolen car years ago and same thing - they did their best to screw me on the price but; I buried them in paperwork, photos, dealer quotes & anything I could get me hands on to bolster my case. Ended up with almost two grand more than what they offered initially. It took a lot of time and effort on my part but I did feel good about getting a fair price in the end. It's frustrating dealing with those claims people and takes way too long but don't let them mess with ya::rant

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am about to back hand those biatches if I am not on the road by friday

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah i just talked to them today and they are on the same page, now I just have to wait for the parts to get in and on the bike

·
Registered
449 Posts
That sucks man, you should check into another insurance outfit. I go through Progressive and I only pay $150 a year for both of our bikes, a buddy of mine filed a claim with them and they got it squared away in a week.

·
Registered
330 Posts
WOW $150.00/year - for two bikes :scared

In Canada you wouldn't get an agent to pick up the phone for that price.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am at $60/month

·
Registered
449 Posts
WOW $150.00/year - for two bikes :scared

In Canada you wouldn't get an agent to pick up the phone for that price.
Go to www.progressivedirect.com and get a quote. My machines are older cuz I'm old scool and I;ve been riding from hell to breakfast without occurance, and prolly my age 34 has something to do with it. Again I don't have bikes worth $10,000 plus...yet. I am thinking of building a custom from scratch this winter.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I also have State Farm for everything, Auto - Life - Motorcycle. I will say they treat me the best and have the best rates with max coverage. Unfortunately when a Drunk Driver pulled in front of my 06 6R in September and I flew over his car, it took them 3 months and about 7 visits to find the "Hidden Damage" the shop kept finding bringing the repair tally to $5,800. So 3 months later, I got the bike back. Talk about patience.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thats nutz, I am going crazy and its been only about 2 weeks. At least its raining now so I feel a little better about not having it yet. ha

·
Registered
330 Posts
SredZx6r - hope you get it back soon man - weather's gettin good but honestly, if you settle with them in even 3 weeks that would be pretty decent as that stuff goes. Ask them where the claims checks are issued from too. If it's from a regional office near you - pick it up yourself. Will save the mailing time anyway :runaway

Progressive direct doesn't service Canada from what I can find on the net. State Farm has the best rates here but you gotta have more than just your bike with them and based on my past claims experience with them :headscratch

1 - 16 of 16 Posts