Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
What's next what?

How do you install it?
What mods do you need to do next?

You need to clarify what you're looking for.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh sorry well im lookin for mods im tryin to get the most speed and i heard that i need to lighten it up how do i do that??? i guess is more of my question

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I know I'm gonna get crucified for this, but......

How long have you been riding? Is this your first bike?

Is this the first time on a 750cc? Did you move up to it?

My suggestion is learn to ride the ZX7 with what it already has...it has more than any normal person will need in the realm of power and speed. Learn to ride the bike as is, before you try to make it go faster, faster, faster.

Just my $.02 based on the limited info provided.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I know I'm gonna get crucified for this, but......

How long have you been riding? Is this your first bike?

Is this the first time on a 750cc? Did you move up to it?

My suggestion is learn to ride the ZX7 with what it already has...it has more than any normal person will need in the realm of power and speed. Learn to ride the bike as is, before you try to make it go faster, faster, faster.

Just my $.02 based on the limited info provided.
:lol :lol lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey its koo ive been ridein for like 5 or 6 years but i was chillin on crusers and then i got a little cbr 600 and old ass one though i have been riding my 750cc all summer now ive learned all summer how to ride it i know im good now i need to have some fun like i used to on my dirt bike pop some wheelys and get some good speed what do i need to do that

i have a jet kit new exhaust a new front sprocket and i need a rear sprocket and a new chain what kind???

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
As far as chains.. I ran a D.I.D. X ring chain on my 7R and never had an issue with it.

·
Registered
462 Posts
umm... how bout' some new tires? the most important part of a bike is that particular piece. I would suggest some of the new Pilot Power's which Michelin has been putting out. My friend just got a new pair for street riding and he loves them. Every magazine that has done a tire comparo has said that they are the best street tire available, with the Qualifiers coming a close second. Some braided steel lines help if your a serious racer, which you apparently are, I mean, you've rode a whole summer on the bike right? You must know everything about it.

I've rode my bike for 2 years and still am humble enough to admit if Rossi hopped on it he'd smoke me.

Anyways.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
If you want more speed, you sell it and buy a ZX10.

No modification can make a ZX7R as fast as a ZX10 for the same money, assuming you are buying used bikes in either case. No matter what anyone likes to say, you can buy a 10R for what? Like 5-6 gfor an 04/05 used?

You would be better served simply maintaining your 7. They are fast enough as it is, and I doubt you can outride the bike anyways. Focus on making sure it is mechanically sound and safe and you will have a fun, reliable motorcycle.

·
Registered
336 Posts
If you want more speed, you sell it and buy a ZX10.

No modification can make a ZX7R as fast as a ZX10 for the same money, assuming you are buying used bikes in either case. No matter what anyone likes to say, you can buy a 10R for what? Like 5-6 gfor an 04/05 used?

You would be better served simply maintaining your 7. They are fast enough as it is, and I doubt you can outride the bike anyways. Focus on making sure it is mechanically sound and safe and you will have a fun, reliable motorcycle.
I agree they are fast enough for streets thats why I didnt buy a bigger bike I didn't feel I needed it. You will require steel balls to take it top speed on the highway.

Put money on skins and parts to make it handle even better, just my 2.

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,363 Posts
This bike isn't for straights. It's best served on the track in twisties. Next on the list is learning corner entry and powerbands. The 7 is the most stable bike I've been on. I've never dropped it in a corner. Then again the fastest I've been in a corner is 60

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,363 Posts
:needpics: or get banned. Mods to do is full exhaust system, jetting, sprocket gearing (top speed or acceleration?) And if you have the money and will to learn, put a light valve train in.

·
6,798 Posts
God I love these threads. How tall are you and how much do you weigh? Cheapest weight reduction is yourself.

The one area I think has merit on weight reduction is reducing unsprung weight. Swap on some ZX10R wheels or go crazy and get some Marchesini's. A ZX10R fork swap will also get you some more adjustable, compliant suspension.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
God I love these threads. How tall are you and how much do you weigh? Cheapest weight reduction is yourself.
Idk man. I got over a grand into my bicycle and gear.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts