Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently wrecked my 08 zx6r and there is some small scratches and a dent in the frame and i was wondering if it was worth fixing if the insurance company totals my bike? The dent is no bigger than a dime size. And i would post pics but it says my photo size exceeds limits thanks for your help

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Have finally talked to the insurance

The reason i ask if the frame is okay is do to the fact that i bought the bike for half of what n.a.d.a. says its worth. But the insurance guy says its toast only do to policy of liability but it looks like nothing, just all plastics, any help would be great.
Oh i finally got pics on profile still unable to load on post

·
Premium Member
13,207 Posts
Some States will not allow the owner to buy back a motorcycle that has been totalled. Illinois requires any machine newer than 2003 that is totalled has to be sold to a licensed salvage dealer. Check your State laws.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got done talking to the adjuster and he said it is totalled and he will give me 5736.00 or buy back is 2000, thats insane i think but it is the way insurance work i guess and that leaves me with 3725.00 to fix. Opinions would be great on fixing or just let it go?

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Just got done talking to the adjuster and he said it is totalled and he will give me 5736.00 or buy back is 2000, thats insane i think but it is the way insurance work i guess and that leaves me with 3725.00 to fix. Opinions would be great on fixing or just let it go?
With 5700$ you could pick up another bike and keep from having to worry about your frame.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh sorry i forgot to mention that 1900 goes to paying money back i borrowed and its my first bike so stay cheap was my idea to learn on. Buy it back and then i just end up with the bike paid for and fixed for free. The only down side was my injuries and the learning experience.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts