Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are my options regarding computer chips or reprograming the ECU for power on this bike? I know the power commander is available, but is anything else available? Also, what makes the best HP addition for the money on the 12?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My bike has 800 miles on it and runs fine. I see there is a fueling unit from Dynajet called the power commander, including a seperate Dynajet ign modual unit for changing the timing curve. There is a fueling unit from Techlusion and one from Cobra called the F1200R tri pot.

Out of these units what is the best, most factory hookup friendly and which one works best? Also, is it really needed to change the ignition mapping?:headscratch

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a Power Commander , full Ackro exhaust system and DNA filters. Had it customed mapped on a dyno . For the improvement you get (smooth fueling and approx 18bhp more) it is very cost effective route

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would say all the previously mentioned obvious first. Full system exhaust, I went with Muzzy, PCIIIUSB and change your filters K&N or BMC. Get a custom map. I'm running those mods without a custom map and can tell the difference. Getting a custom map in a few weeks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts