Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not just a power thing, a comfort thing..... is the 636 model more race focused than the new one ? For the commute that is.

·
Registered
888 Posts
sorry mate, but you will not get a valid arguement to such comparison, all you will get is biased opinions.

the truth is a newer of the same bike is usually always better for the obvious reasons. Manufacturer always wants to make what they have better than what they currently have.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, that does make a lot of sense, even if i owned an older bike i would still try and given an honest opinion of a newer (more expensive) bike if it were genuinely better.... but i guess thats just me. The 2010 model i am looking at is about £1500 more than a nice condition 2006 636.... not that much really.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Not just a power thing, a comfort thing..... is the 636 model more race focused than the new one ? For the commute that is.
I own an 05 636, my mate has an 09..........the new bikes ergos are much easier to get on with, shorter reach to the bars etc, feels more like a Honda than the older zx6rs!

Some people like older bikes as they are bigger and roomier - not always the case as a lot of the new bikes are small, but with modern ergos, they seem to be more comfortable!

Look at the new Ducati Panigale - I only sat on it at the show but straight away you feel the difference to the 848,1098,1198 family with there long and low tradition. Gone is the long tank and stretch to the bars. God I love that bike, anybody got £15-20 i can borrow!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers for that, i had been thinking that this may be the case, the new ZX does seem really comfy when i sat on it in the showroom, i think they are trying to get a few customers from Honda with their CBR600RR, Because that is really comfy for a sportsbike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts