Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you remove the tail fairing on an 06 636 :banghead I get all the screws out and the little pop lock plastic clips off. I begin to lift off tail section with some force and the left side comes undone and starts to lift but the right side seems like its hooked somewhere else. I have stopped at this point everytime Ive tried to remove it because me and plastic do not go together. I always end up breaking something. So any advice would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi

I've got an '03' ZX6RR and it was a bit of mission to get my ducktail off also. My biggest problem was working out how to get the combination to those little plastic clips. Anyway if the '06' is similar to mine, just under the seat the ducktail has a plastic pin each side that locates into rubber grommet in the frame. I just gently seperated the ducktail outwards and out of the gromets then tail came off. Hope this helps.

Walter

Straight Lines

·
Registered
990 Posts
Can't help specifically BUT:

The parts diagrams on http://www.buykawasaki.com/Default.asp? are handy for looking up what is what on the bike, there may be a bolt or clip you can't see easily & the diagrams might just help. Click Motorcycle & look up your model then the parts diagrams.

·
Registered
582 Posts
The trick with those plastic rivet screws is to push the centre pin of them in releasing the rivet. When putting them back push the centre pin out put in the rivet and push the pin flush locking it. Got the mechanic to show me that one.
Walter above is right with the rest of the procedure.

gammac

1 - 4 of 4 Posts