Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A dear old friend of mine introduced me to riding but now after only a short time riding i am already surpassing his riding skill, ability and balls.

toured europe last summer with him, me on a transalp and him on a africa twin, in the space of 2 weeks i personally witnessed him have 6 small biking mishaps(i.e dropping bike, losing balance etc)

i admittingly ride a bit more erratic then him mainly due to my enthusiasm, changing speeds alot and just generally hacking.

he was and still is constantly moaning about my more aggressive riding style and CONSTANTLY telling me to regulate this and that.

my question is do we all(us riders) think we are the next rossi and far superior to all other riders or is my friend showing early signs of dementia and victor meldrewism.

any of you had someone intrroduce you to biking then left your master stalling at the lights?

nice to hear your opinions and any advice you can give me into making my pal chill and let me enjoy the ride.

THE BLACK SHADOW
master of=the silver streak:lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
As long as you're being safe you've got no worries. It sounds like your mate may just be concerned -- often, anything that is beyond your own capabilities seems unsafe (e.g., there's no way I'd do that, so it's dangerous).

Get some additional training, and do some trackdays. That'll help keep you riding less aggressively on the road.

·
Registered
532 Posts
A motorcycle usually repay an arrogant rider with roasties or broken bones - if you are lucky by not getting killed! Chill out man and take it easy! Bikes can bite!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A motorcycle usually repay an arrogant rider with roasties or broken bones - if you are lucky by not getting killed! Chill out man and take it easy! Bikes can bite!!!!!!!!
i am chilled, ice cool, just wanna let my mate know that he ain't the only rossi in the world

natural ability goes a long way

THE BLACK SHADOW

·
Premium Member
4,424 Posts
maybe your mate is really crap and you are just average....... u toasted some pizza boys, now go find a fireblade or another ninja and see if you can learn from them

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
maybe your mate is really crap and you are just average....... u toasted some pizza boys, now go find a fireblade or another ninja and see if you can learn from them
or maybe my mate is average and i'm the danglys and your dominos pizza boy standard, just for the record i have roasted quite a few big bikes over the last few months on my 6r, blades included, may be fairly new to biking dude but that doesn't mean i cant keep up or surpass old pros like my dear old friend the silver streak!

if you ever come to london be sure to let me know and maybe we can hook up and do some serious knee downing!

·
Registered
462 Posts
I got my friend into bikes and he got a newer 6, which helps him through the corners (esp. on the road he lives down!) but on the straights, theres no competition. On new roads I'll get left behind cause of our personal preferences in what's safe and what's not, but recently on familiar roads, he's been leaving me behind which does suck, but at the end of the tank, I'll admit he's becoming a better rider and will surpass me in skill, which makes me work harder on myself and my riding.

I personally believes your friend just needs to get over himself and his inferiority complex and admit your becoming the better rider.

Just my 2 cents!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Disregard your friends opinion. You are who you are. If you're better than him so be it...There are so many kinds of people in this world and your friend is the type of person who can't accept that his friend is better.

In my opinion, both of you better go for advanced motorcycle course and in my case i've bought myself Ron Haslam DVD, it tells you what you need to know about riding, taking corners etc.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got my friend into bikes and he got a newer 6, which helps him through the corners (esp. on the road he lives down!) but on the straights, theres no competition. On new roads I'll get left behind cause of our personal preferences in what's safe and what's not, but recently on familiar roads, he's been leaving me behind which does suck, but at the end of the tank, I'll admit he's becoming a better rider and will surpass me in skill, which makes me work harder on myself and my riding.

I personally believes your friend just needs to get over himself and his inferiority complex and admit your becoming the better rider.

Just my 2 cents!
definetly a tad of infer com going on but i have realised now just to let him rule the roost when it comes to confrontations and discussions and let my riding do the talking!

thanks for the cents me old china

PEACE LOVE AND HACKING

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Disregard your friends opinion. You are who you are. If you're better than him so be it...There are so many kinds of people in this world and your friend is the type of person who can't accept that his friend is better.

In my opinion, both of you better go for advanced motorcycle course and in my case i've bought myself Ron Haslam DVD, it tells you what you need to know about riding, taking corners etc.
NICE 1 SCAV WILL CHECK THAT DVD OUT MYSELF AND HAVE BEEN THINKING OF TAKING AN INSTRUCTORS COURSE, ALREADY DONE THE ADVANCED, MAYBE EVEN A FEW TRACK DAYS HERE AND THERE SO I HAVE OTHER LUNATICS TO COMPARE MYSELF WITH!

PEACE LOVE AND HACKING

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
O yeah!

The only thing you need to regulate is not getting caught by the cops! Other than that, balls to the wall!!!

2 TRUE THE QUICKER SOMEONE INVENTS AN ELECTRONIC NUMBER PLATE CHANGER THE BETTER, THAT WAY WE CAN ALL HAVE A GO AT SOME GHOST RIDING!

MIDDLE FINGER TO THE LAW

A FOOL FOLLOWS THE RULES A WISE MAN USES THEM AS A GUIDE

PEACE LOVE AND HACKING

·
Premium Member
4,424 Posts
MAYBE EVEN A FEW TRACK DAYS HERE AND THERE SO I HAVE OTHER LUNATICS TO COMPARE MYSELF WITH!
Thats what I'm talking about, and learn from them all you can........ but be safe

·
Registered
379 Posts
If i was Rossi then i would be earning his cash and riding his toys on Sundays.

No man is like Rossi or Doohan

We are all mortals and must ride like mortals to hehehehehehehe

·
Registered
532 Posts
Experience has taught me one thing, the man (or woman) who really CAN, never boasts about it, it is only those that think they can, that boast about it!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.