Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am a new bike owner in need of some help. i wanted to know what was the best way to put my bike away for the winter. I also wanted to know if anyone had the muzzy left exit exhaust. I was wondering if it was real loud and does it intefere with changing the oil on the bike. do you have to take the exhaust off to change the oil? thank you any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
217 Posts
yes, its loud. No, it does not interfere with the oil changing process in any way. Would you like to buy a used one, real reasonable? I have one...
As for storage, make absolutely certain that the tank is as full as you can get it and be sure to add the appropriate quanity of stabilizer to the fuel and run it long enough to be sure the treated fuel has filled the carb bowls. Change the oil, don't forget to pull the front drain plug, you may want to loosen the right side lower fairing to do this. Get a battery tender and hook it up to your battery and store in a quiet dry place. In the spring, crank it over without the choke to pressurize the oiling system, light it off, warm it up, inflate the tires and go. Simple as that. And I am serious, I have a Muzzy pipe for sale with an aluminum can...

·
Registered
217 Posts
make me a reasonable offer... reasonable means, what is it worth to you?
Feel free to PM me...
Jay

·
Registered
208 Posts
I've got the left side exit Muzzy pipe too! Sure it's a bit loud, but it works great. It also has centerstand retention, oil drain and filter access, so it's the perfect pipe for the ZX11. That's why I got one!! It also helps make the nearby cagers in traffic aware of you, and thereby helps prevent them from accidentally bumping into you in traffic. Yes, loud pipes do save lives!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Pulling the Front Drain Plug

I'm a newbie owner. Why do we pull the front drain plug and where is the front drain plug??

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had the full titanium, left side, on a '92 ZX-11C that I recently sold. The thing was perfect for the bike, although it was bloody loud. I sent it back to Muzzy and they repacked and polished it up for about $50 and it came back with a nice mellow tone, no performance loss, and looking like new. It took less than two weeks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts