Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you are aware myself and others have noticed after only a couple of hundred miles the screen becoming slightly scratched and a mist in the plastic. I did a posting on this recently. I have now found a way of getting the screen like new,well it worked on mine anyway.
I removed the screen from the bike and cleaned the screen as I normally would making sure there were no bugs left on etc. I then used a T-cut polish for metallic car paintwork and rubbed very lightly in a circular motion with a brand new microfibre cloth. I did both sides of the screen twice (very lightly) and then used a different microfibre cloth to and polished the screen with Mr Sheen (furniture polish) The screen now looks like brand new. No scratches and no misting or grey area's.
Somebody also pointed out that there is a film protecting the screen and it was only the film that was scratching or going grey.Maybe my actions have removed this film,I don't know but either way the screen looked poor on the bike in it's condition after only 350 miles on the clock so If it where ruined it would have been replaced anyway.I still think it was a good result and looks great now. Please note that this applies to my bike only and will not be held responsible if others do not have the same affect but if the screen is badly marked and considering a replacement,not much to lose,remember not to buff to hard.Hope this helps someone.:smile

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well i am willing to try it Mask , i have two screens that are stuffed from scratches and the bike onlt has 350 klm so far . I am off to auto barn to get some polish now , will reply after i try it .

cheers Holma..

·
Registered
184 Posts
I use Mothers' Plastic Polish on all my shields. It will even bring back those headlight cases on your cars, the ones that get so oxidized you cant see through them anymore.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts