Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of curiousity..what is the average age of todays zx11 riders and why did you pick the zx11?:runaway

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I bought mine new in 92 and at that time it was the ultimate for "sport touring"....I'm now 52 and really haven't found any other bike out there to replace it with...:smile

·
Registered
199 Posts
Dam son, you live waaaay north! Does that 11 have studded tires? I have to agree with you about the 11. It is the only bike I have ever owned that did everything well, and back in the day....

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No studded tires..way too hard on the paint job..so instead ..I drop the air pressure down to about 15psi for better traction..lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am 54 years old, and have a 92 model that I use for commuting to work on. I like the zx11 because they are comfortable for long distance touring, yet sporty enough to be a lot of fun. I'm not real thrilled about the tail end, but in general they have aged well. They also are pretty easy to get for a good price. I plan on keeping mine for a long time, but I am also looking for a more sport oriented bike for weekend fun.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am 30. I was offered the bike on a trade for my Grand National. I come to find out later on how much of a stout bike I got..

·
Registered
208 Posts
43 now and got my '01 new off the dealer floor. Wanted comfort, high horsepower, sport capabilities, good looks, built-in turn signals and not those floppy ones most other bikes have, front turn signals serve as running lights as well, large gas tank (stock is 6.3 gallons, with a 1.7 gallon petcock accessed reserve, after the fuel gauge says empty!), etc.

This bike really has it all. I've put over 70K miles on her and she's strong as ever. I've put the 4 into 1 stainless/carbon Muzzy on, had her rejetted to match that, black hugger for the rear, detail regularly, dark smoke screen up front-but want a little taller double-bubble now.

It's quite a well thought out model. Now I just want more horsepower, like maybe 160 or 170, little suspension upgrades fore & aft, and a few other little goodies for my baby.

·
Registered
8 Posts
47 YO, have had my 93 for 2 years, it had less than 10,000 when I got it. Muzzy SS/ carbon pipe, stage 1, odds and ends.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmmm...interesting..so far the average age is 49. We've got 2-30's..2-43's..a 47..52..54 and a 60. No teens or 20's. This bike is a legend..decent handling..awesome power..beauty to the eye, great for long trips and on top of that easy to commute with. Even at the bikes ages they are still eye catchers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Newbie here,,, bought mine new in 1994. I'm 40. Bought the bike casue it was and still is a big HP bad ass ride. 40k miles on the bike now. I'll never part with it.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm 45 and bought my '96 new off the showroom floor. It was the baddest bike that I could afford. I will be keeping her as my little ol' short legs don't fit most of the new bikes' seat height. But a turbo and other goodies are being saved up for the near future.:scared

·
Registered
45 Posts
Age of riders on a ageless bike!

Well fellas, i am 38 years of age (young!) But i am starting to feel a little older while i wait for my rebuilt zx11 to place me back into the happy life of sportbike rideing.when i bought the bike a few years back the owner told me the bike was bored out and had many other extra goodies on the inside,only later to find out it was completely stock!:banghead after she blew up!But ,thats ok,: he will have to pay for that someday:nana but as for my rebuilt 91zx1109 polished frame,with brand new black paint job, post the pre rose color!(Which looked hott pink, and was painted on the wheel spokes also,tooo- much!) Ill be rollin in about a month on my corbin seat listening to the roar of my Muzzy! Yessss pure meditation! Good things come to those who wait! My turn,to : Let the good times roll!:clap

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welcome 1109..sounds like a nice work in progress..how about posting some pics...can't wait to see

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello out there, long time lurker first post. I'm 40 y.o. I own a 99 zx11. I also own a harley fxr and an electraglide. I bought the ninja 3 years ago, I think it was a midlife deal! I wanted something that would give a rush and does it ever! I haven't registered either harley since, so whats that tell ya. Later, Farmertk.

1 - 20 of 255 Posts