Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok how old is too old for a boy to ride on the back of your bike? I have a friend that has a son 14, Good kid, average size for his age. Is that to old?

I dont want to say no, and disscurage him from wanting to ride himself one day, but he is getting a little old for two guys to be riding together lol.

Whats everyone elses take on this?

·
Premium Member
13,207 Posts
If he's too young to ride his own, the only other alternatives are to leave him at home or get a sidecar.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its not my son its a friend of mines son. I took him a couple of times. I was just wondering. Ok good until he can get his own sounds good to me. thanks.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK he is not my son ;) lol . He is from alabama (ya I feel sorry for him too) lol and he told me he could get a motorcyle licence there. I am from Mi. and we cant until were 16 just like a regular licence. How does that work in Tn. and Al?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
It's never too old. Homophobia is generally just a phenomenon here in the U.S. It's all about good times together and convenience. I ride people around the pits at the track with regularity and may not even know the guy. I've gotten to ride "bitch" after a crash as well. Big deal. If it's the "two guys on the same bike" phobia as it seems I just say, get over it and live life. :smile

·
Administrator
58,646 Posts
Its not my son its a friend of mines son. I took him a couple of times. I was just wondering. Ok good until he can get his own sounds good to me. thanks.
OK he is not my son ;) lol . He is from alabama (ya I feel sorry for him too) lol and he told me he could get a motorcyle licence there. I am from Mi. and we cant until were 16 just like a regular licence. How does that work in Tn. and Al?
I think everyone knows that.
Nobody said he was your son.:headscratch

·
Registered
937 Posts
Ok how old is too old for a boy to ride on the back of your bike? I have a friend that has a son 14, Good kid, average size for his age. Is that to old?

I dont want to say no, and disscurage him from wanting to ride himself one day, but he is getting a little old for two guys to be riding together lol.

. . .simple old school question. I'd never take someone for a ride that I'd care if they got crippled or killed in an accident.

·
Registered
54 Posts

I must be missing something here. What's this "2 guys riding together " crap? What's the big deal? FFS let the kid ride if he wants to!

·
Registered
418 Posts
I agree with Mad. Who gives a rats' patoot what people think unless you are a Harley rider who is all for image. Heck, most people think you are totally insane for riding a 200hp class bike anyway, so why not be an insane pedophile while you're at it LOL

·
Registered
328 Posts
It just means they can only drive from 7am-7pm. No interstate,passengers and nothing bigger than a 250cc

·
Registered
141 Posts
90years old is too old:)
Many years ago a buddy asked me to take his bike home after work. He and girlfriend were offered a night out and didn't want to take the bike. I was a lifeguard as was he at the time. Mr. K was a WW1 vet and asked for a ride as he always wanted to go for a ride on a bike. He was well into his 90's.There were two helmets so I said sure. Came back and he said lets go tell my wife . The guy told everyone at the pool, never told him I didn't have a license at the time.
Later that summer his son came to visit and he took me for a ride in a 2 seat plane that he rented out of Westchester airport. I was able to fly around the Statue of Liberty and the Empire State building, close enough to see the people on top. No one can do that after 9/11. It was worth it.
He did not attempt a reach around either! :thefinger

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Watched two grown men ride by together yesterday. I couldn't do it ..

·
Registered
118 Posts
I agree with Mad. Who gives a rats' patoot what people think unless you are a Harley rider who is all for image. Heck, most people think you are totally insane for riding a 200hp class bike anyway, so why not be an insane pedophile while you're at it LOL
quoted for excellence:crackup

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Too old is when the kid can get his own license and bike.

I met a guy with a 14 or 15 year old son, or nephew or something riding shotgun on his Z1000. We stopped for a bit and they swapped seats and the kid drove him around out in the county.

Wasn't at all unusual, it was his kid. Or nephew, or whatever.

·
#1 BMW Traitor
6,376 Posts
he becomes to old the moment his "excitement" from the ride is evident to you while your both still on the bike

1 - 20 of 23 Posts