Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i cant help it, but i have to clean my bike of all the bugs after every single ride. I get a wet towel and gently wipe the bugs off then i polish it over when all the bugs are gawn. takes me like an hour to clean it and polish it throughly.
this is also a deciding factor wether i ride or not. If im not going to be in the mood to clean it when im done i wont ride.

is anyone else like this?? my gf thinks i have ocd but i just say im anal.

·
Registered
60 Posts
wow just get some spray called "goo gone" and spray it, let it sit for about a min and get a damp cloth and gently wipe the bugs away. it works miracles and is totally safe for paint.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I'll ride all week to work, give her a proper cleaning and then go raise hell in the canyons. Just gonna have to face the fact that your baby is gonna get dirty if you ride her. I guess I'm on the 1 - 2 week cleaning schedule.

·
Registered
184 Posts
It really depends on how dirty it gets.
A few smashed bugs is o.k,they stay on until they amass to the point where it bothers me to the point I won't ride it until I clean it.
The rims stay dirty,road dust and slight chain lube they're both a constant on the rims.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It really depends on how dirty it gets.
A few smashed bugs is o.k,they stay on until they amass to the point where it bothers me to the point I won't ride it until I clean it.
The rims stay dirty,road dust and slight chain lube they're both a constant on the rims.
i dont know if its just my area or what but every time i go out and ride my bikes front end gets completly covered in bugs. hundreds of them. even my helmet, i can barly see out of the face shield after an hour.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Here it's based on the weather.
Hot,warm and dry they are out,in droves.
Cool and dry they'll virtually gone.
Tolerable but still a slight issue.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
once a week wash and wax

·
Registered
157 Posts
everytime after I ride its washed Almost 8 years on the road and 11,xxx miles later and she still looks brand new.

·
Registered
288 Posts
i like the bike to be clean most of the time. i will only really clean it on the weekend about an hour or so. and thats not every weekend. if i'm meeting up with people or going to the union hall i'll clean it pretty good. through out the week i won't clean it. except for bird shit........

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Every chance i get!!If not wash it i wipe it down before i ride each time and after.Love for it to be clean.:thumbup

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Oh WOW!!!I'm not the only one then.Damn if i just didn't get my bike from the shop and had service,fork oil replaced,coolant flushed replaced w/ engine ice and the scotts steering damper put on.Took it for a ride and to my surprise had the chain lube splattered all on my euro tail.So hard to get off.:M16 :cussing .

·
Registered
92 Posts
After every ride.......Plexus does the job!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Plexus every 2 ~ 4 weeks. I don't really want it that clean. I don't want to attract too much attention when it's parked...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts