·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Red 2008 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
One owner
3,553 miles
In storage since last year
needs a new chain, maybe tires as well since they are the original tires from '08
New battery installed last month
All Stock- No aftermarket parts/mods

Clear Title in hand

reply to post for more info/questions or to see the bike. Make Offer!!

$5,000 obo"

I am gonna ask him what kind of storage unit it was in, how long it was in there, and how he prepped the bike for storage. Also going to ask how the bike starts, if he has the owner's manual, service records, etc.

What other questions are there to ask, and what other things will I have to pay for (new tire, etc) that should make the price lower.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
The chain must have been neglected. So it's prob rusted. It should be in pretty good shape at 3,500 miles. I wonder if the fuel injection and gas tank interior are gummed up because the gas just sat there with no stabil. Go look at it. It maybe dirty, but just need some maintenance. The seller said best offer, so what have you got to lose?

The seller said maybe needs tires, so tell him yes it does. Let's see, $225.00 for new chain and sprockets, $275.00 for new tires and balancing, $100.00 to have the injection system cleaned out. $50.00 for an oil/filter change. $50.00 to replace brake fluid & bleed. $50.00 to change out the antifreeze. This is just the basic stuff that needs to be done. We're up to $750.00 so far which should be deducted from the $5,000.00 asking price.

Now if there is rust in the tank you can deduct another $150.00 to have the inside of the tank coted. Get the idea? You can beat him way down from his asking price. go over with cash and you may get a screaming deal. CHECK the NUMBERS against the frame and the title at least. Do not buy the bike until you or someone you bring with you rides this bike.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

I definitely figured it'd need new tires, chain, and all the fluids like you said.

Looking at prices on other similar bikes around 5k would be a good price IF nothing had to be fixed right?

In the pics provided it looked fine as far as never being dropped, etc but there was a decent amount of dust on the bike.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Thanks for the reply.

I definitely figured it'd need new tires, chain, and all the fluids like you said.

Looking at prices on other similar bikes around 5k would be a good price IF nothing had to be fixed right?

In the pics provided it looked fine as far as never being dropped, etc but there was a decent amount of dust on the bike.
i think this seller is just glad there is a serious buyer interested. If the bike were in perfect shape, yea, somewhere around 5K. You could always call a couple pawn shops and get a ballpark figure what they would pay for the bike at a wholesale price.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Sounds good to me. I paid 5500 for my 2007 in April of 2010. It has 3400 miles on in and was pretty much stock.

Again, go look at it. I would off around 46 or 4700 to get him to come down to around 4800 and you can use the excuse that you will have to get new tires and change all the fluids in the bike. Or tell him to get it done at the dealer with receipt and you will give him 5K for it.

If it is in great condition you should be good to go man.

If you do buy you can go to sprockcenter.com and get a chain/sprocket set if you wanna change gearing. It isn't too expensive for the Superlite/D.I.D chain

·
Registered
782 Posts
makes me sad to see a 08 only worth that much. I paid $12,000 for mine, brand new off the show room floor back in the spring of 09...lol.

·
Registered
72 Posts
"Red 2008 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
Wasn't the red a 2007 color that was replaced with the highlighter yellow for the '08 model year? Mine's a p7, red... I'm pretty sure. But given that's the case, if this thing has '08 vin but is red, I'd have some more questions for him. Just saying.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts