Registered
990 Posts
How not to lay a Honda over

Extra points for style though :clap

From British Superbikes

·
Registered
604 Posts
Dang that last one is crazy, you have to be quite a good rider to pull something like that!!!

·
Registered
990 Posts
The part of the track where they are taking off is called 'the mountain' at Cadwell Park and most riders do it as the go over the crest, it's a real crowd pleaser. Unfortunately the rider in red, Karl Harris did it when he was racing in Supersports & it spat the chain off the rear sprocket, ending his race. A common occurance when jumping a Supersport 600, the Superbikes are allowed a mod that helps keep the chain on. The Hawks are taking off at the same spot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've had mine airborn on the second day I had her. We were doing a group ride and going much to fast. I thought why is eerybody braking suddenly... aaahhh a big bump in the road, but I was too late hitting the brakes, so I thought... get her up... and opened the throttle a bit more... funny feeling the first flight... overtoke 3 friends flying... smooth landing. They told me I was up for about 30 cm with both wheels...

Last summer I did my second take off while avoiding a collision with a cager. I had to jump her into a loading dock at work to dodge a car... only about 50 cm streetlevel difference, but she was airborn

·
Registered
181 Posts
them are some crazy photo pictures. is that stuff intentional or is it just the camera at the right place at the right time when they snap away?

·
Registered
990 Posts
The Mountain

14Turbo said:
them are some crazy photo pictures. is that stuff intentional or is it just the camera at the right place at the right time when they snap away?
The Cadwell Park ones I posted is something that happens all the time at The Mountain. They come up the hill through the double bend & hit the crest & go light or airborne depending how brave they are :cool

·
Registered
604 Posts
On the Isle of Man...or whatever it's called they have a lot of thoughs!!!! There is a clip of it here in the videos section.......pretty crazy stuff!!!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'd like to someday get someone out with me to take a couple of pics, but there are 2 places around were I can catch some air if I feel the need. I certainley don't do it often but I tell you it is quite a rush!!!
Peace,
"B"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts