Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many ZX11's are there here, in and around SoCal? That are running and being ridden?

Thought it'd be really cool to do a ZX11 rally out here this year, maybe springtime, maybe over a weekend? Maybe do a little 200 to 300 mile organized ride and/or poker run, as we can show off just how cool and stylin' the ZX11 is, even compared to today's modern bikes.

Be nice to get a couple hundred out together, maybe take over a Starbucks one night for a couple hours also.

How many riders would come? From how far away? Is there already a ZX11 riders club that would also participate?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Or, maybe we could GO LARGE. Do a NINJA RALLY?

Make it a week long event every year like Sturgis? There are plenty of places here in SoCal for a cool, week long NINJA RALLY.

Corporate could step in and help of course, and with ROK, make it a big, fun event like the Honda Hoot, and it would be an advertising bonanza for them. Kawasaki would get MORE than their money's worth of advertising with a nice, yearly NINJA RALLY event like this. :headscratch

Just some ideas for today. Whether a bunch of us get together for a ZX11 rally, do a larger NINJA RALLY, or go big bore and get corporate to step in and help GO REALLY LARGE, it'd be a fun, must attend event!
:runaway

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a zx11 C1 ,riding it every weekend...hope tommorow weather permits I will be at Mt.Baldy.:eek:hno

·
Registered
11 Posts
pictures at bikepics.com under zx11 1990 but those pictures have stripes at present coz of my booboos.....thanks for a nice comment ,its a pearl white

·
Registered
11 Posts
sir claude
Thank you..dont know how to...
A proud ugly owner he!he!...just like this kind of color scheme (panda) ,same as my corolla Ae86 (drift car) at the background . Two old school street legends ,one on two wheels ,one on four...keeping this two for my son .....:scared

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I'm at the top of the Grapevine right now ZXeleven. Midway between Bakersfield and Valencia, at the top of the hill.

That white looks good on your C1 btw.

So one of these days we should get a big posse of ZX11's together and roll. Give all these little gixxer's something cool to look at, without being all crouched up while riding. Sportbikes CAN be comfortable!

Savin' up for the Flo-Commander and ignition advancer next. What about your baby?

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'm in The OC. I had a '90 C1, Yellow, but I sold it last Fall to some guy who lives in Costa Mesa. I have a ZX10 now, and would be totally down for a Ninja rally.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi,

I just bought a 92 zx11 as my second bike. Compared to my Honda Shadow 500, it feels like a Lear Jet! I've just started riding this year, and got the zx11 for long trips in the desert. I live in LA, near the Grove, and work in El Monte--same place as the guy with the nice white bike.

Joe

·
Registered
16 Posts
so, any gathering?

If a full and formal meet is too hard to organize, how about just a quick meet and greet at Tommy's at Beverly and Rampart? They've got a large parking lot and good chili burgers.

Joe

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
An ideal location would be right by a major freeway exit, easy to find, etc. A little plaza with a burger shack, maybe some other food places, and of course a Starbucks! I know a good place off the 5 fwy by Griffith Park?

Wouldn't it be really cool to have maybe a dozen ZX11's in one place? More would be nice, but a dozen would be a good start!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Im back !!! been very busy...working hard w/ my new job at gardena honda .but always updated in wsmc..friend of mine been winning in the novice division using Graves R1...and I still go to the crest once in awhile
jsp1001
lets meet one of this days ,and youll see my beat up zx11
626 3293633 ...chow

1 - 20 of 31 Posts