Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So How many time were you being stupid and got to ride away scott free???
I have had dam good luck with cops ehm.. police officers over the years and today was just the same. So i had a bad day at work and just wanted to hit the ZX10 and forget. I hit the freeway on ramp and just ripped up it 2nd gear and all of a sudden this bus slams on the brakes and and so do all these merging idiots. Now i am a bob and weave kinda guy. I no likee the stopee. So i pull me usual and pop onto the freeway at over 120 hit 3rd and a quick jump to 4th and 5th. Now i just went around all those idiots in cages and the bus full of sheeple. Because this bike is stupid fast and i can have any lane i need or want. So now im just cruising at 75 and i hear all this siren noise and im like oh f#@$. He's right on my ass, Under cover bastard in a chevy impala. Great so i look back and make sure it was me he was after. I mean im only going 75 mph c'mon im not doing anything wrong (all the cager are at 80+). Yeah right i think he must have seen that little rocket shot onto the freeway on the green missle. So now Busted i look right at him with a glare because he just shuts off the lights and sirens i move over a lane and he takes my old lane. I raise my hand like OK I GOT IT SORRY! and he moves on ahead. So now I was like oh my god i didn't get busted and i hit the next exit to my favorite double lane sweeper high speed turn and straight away. I thought man i see him and he can see me and i can go 180 mph in this little section of off ramp and wouldn't he be pissed if i did it because he was now on the main freeway and could not get me. But i thought man that could bite me in the ass and i haven't had a ticket in 2 yrs. So i come into town off the ramp and make a right at the corner and guess what?? BAM there is that cop at the next light up ahead of me!! Man i started thinking blend and stay back! Glad i didn't squid up and bomb that corner!

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
every time but once.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Ive been pulled over my fair share, and rarely if ever have received a ticket on my bike. Except LAST YEAR, some douche Sheriff in North Eastern Washington, just had to get his $125 outta me.

I told him, that this was the FIRST and LAST time I will ride in his county and spend ANY of my hard earned $$$, EVER AGAIN, so I hope he thinks it was worth it....

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
I'm 0 for 2.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I've gotten out of a few tickets but only got out of (getting caught) being stupid once. A trooper ran me down at 120+ and I pulled over IMMEDIATELY. After getting ripped a new one they let me go because after apologizing profusely they said "I'd have to take you to jail, I cant give you a warning so SLOW DOWN". I'm convinced it was because I didnt run and pulled over.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
I've gotten out of a few tickets but only got out of (getting caught) being stupid once. A trooper ran me down at 120+ and I pulled over IMMEDIATELY. After getting ripped a new one they let me go because after apologizing profusely they said "I'd have to take you to jail, I cant give you a warning so SLOW DOWN". I'm convinced it was because I didnt run and pulled over.
lol that's kinda what happened to me but he didn't even step out of his car, we both stopped as soon as we saw lights

·
Registered
398 Posts
When I started ridin I was 4 for 4. Twice for speeding. And the other two for no plates cause I still had my dealer plates on her.
Keep in mind that all four times I had no insurance, here in cali its a law that u have to have insurance.
And once I got clocked by a cop under a fwy bridge doin 120+ and he just put his radar gun down and hand signaled me to slow down. And I gladly brought it down to 75 :)

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
michigan state troopers im 2 for 2 on getting off. local pigs im 0 for 4(2 of which i got either impeding traffic/no points or went to court in another state and just got a fine) with locals... locals have something to prove, state troopers dont.

·
Premium Member
13,207 Posts
Never. Once they let me go after taking me back to the police station because I knew the Chief. That time, I didn't stop and led them on a merry chase out in the boondocks until I changed my mind and stopped. Every time since, I stopped when lit up and every time I got a ticket.

·
Registered
224 Posts
never but im a different story when im in the car they let me go about every other time i get pulled over but when im on the bike and rocking my cut i get a ticket no matter what but they always give me for 5-10 over no matter what speed i was going so they do cut me a break

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Been pulled over 3 times on the 7.
Iv been let off twice.Once was for ignoring someone just starting to walk through a crosswalk and 2 cops on foot seen it and flagged me down,they informed me what i did wrong,asked for license etc then asked about the 7 and complimented it.
Second time i was doing 90km/h in a 50km/h zone! Cop seen and he lit up the lights,pulled me over and he just walks up to the bike and throws his hands in the air and asked WTF was i doing,asked for license etc,then just said slow down.

3rd time got a nice $160 fine for doing 150km/h in a 100km/h zone.5 of the fuckers sittin on the overpass clocking everyone for fun.Had like 6 other vehicles pulled over as well.The cop who pulled me over was racing off the on ramp to get me before i even passed the on ramp.

So 2/3 been let off

·
Forum Leaders
19,944 Posts
0/3 so far :dunno

Although one cop reduced the violation on the spot so it that was kind of a small break.

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
Never gotten pulled over on my bike. They seem to ignore us in NJ

·
Registered
877 Posts
I've been let go every time. I think around here if you're on a sportbike and you stop at all, they let you go as long as you're not doing anything too crazy. One cop pulled me over for an expired tag and told me he couldn't believe I stopped and that "9 out of 10" run. :dunno

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Got pulled over for not having both hands on the handlebars and no ticket.
Was drag racing a Jaquar on my KZ900 and the cop passed me up and pulled over the Jag.:lol
cause everyone hates faguars, if I was a cop I would pull them over too, even if they where going slower :evil

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Got pulled over for not having both hands on the handlebars and no ticket.
Isn't that plain nuts? Um, I had to wipe my visor, adjust something, whatever. I've heard of that "regulation" but seriously. :smile That's a rhetorical question to start by the way....just me venting. :smile

Back to the thread...
Once WAY back in '81 I got pulled over because the Harley LEO couldn't catch me until I stopped at a light...no idea he was back there. He said he'd give me a 61 in the 55 if I just told him how fast I was going as "he was losing me fast". I told him about 120 and he kept his word. :smile I was topped out on my CB550F.

Since then? No tickets but I've been stupid and pulled over about 4 times on the bike if I recall....all for speeding.
<knocking on wood>

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Every time so far, once for speeding 13 over and i got a warning. One time for my license plate, warning. Then the guy that pulled me over just to "check to see if it was stolen", guess i was riding it like it was!

·
Premium Member
5,064 Posts
4 for 4. i think cops respect you if you stop on a sport bike cuz so many people run.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts