Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you riding your first Kawi motorcycle? Or have you always riden them?

Every motorcycle I have ever owned and riden have all been Kawasaki Ninja's. Over the years, I have gone very brand loyal and just bleed green at heart.

I've had a 750R, a ZX-6R, 05 ZX-10R, and an 02 ZX-12R. Next bike is in less than three weeks - 2006 ZX-10R and I cant wait.

I'm eyeing that ZX-14 as a second spot in my garage - we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ive owned 3 Kawasaki's!
old skool stuff.
1 82 GPZ 550 the bike that started 'SuperBikes for the masses
An 83 GPZ 550 race bike, alot of fun until Honda brought out their 500 intersepter.
And My 82 KZ1000R Lawson Replica, which I bought new, in 82'.

Id love to find a Cherry condition, ZX7RR, Im still looking! :clap

·
Registered
3 Posts
I,ve had 6 Kawaski,s, starting with a Z250 Scorpion, which was a twin cylinder 4 stroke,released here in England in the 1980,s. I,ve also still got a Z400, which I,ve fitted with a GPz550 engine,a GPX750 Ninja, which is now my daily commuter bike, a GPz900r, a GPz1100 b1, and my ZZr1100.
I like the look of the new ZZr1400, but I want to see a road test before I make my mind up.
Ronzzr11

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ronzzr11 said:
I like the look of the new ZZr1400, but I want to see a road test before I make my mind up.
In England, is there any feelings (good or bad) about hearing that your ZZR1400 is being badged as a ZX-14 in America?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not really, we, re used to having the ZZr1100, being called the ZX11 in the USA. Its just a marketing thing .
I,m still waiting to see a real road test on the bike, I like the looks of it, but I would like to know how it handles,and feels.

Ronzzr11

·
Registered
79 Posts
Had an KZ440 years ago then a couple of Hondas. Was off street bikes for about 8 years do to objections from the ex live-with. Started a second childhood in 02 with the ZX.

·
Registered
81 Posts
First bike, 1983 GPz 550, then went to a 1986 GSX-R750, then a 1993 ZX-11, and then to my current ride, 1999 ZRX-1100. Hoping to get either a Ninja 650 or a ZX-14 within the next few months...maybe I'll win the lotto and be able to get both! Love Momma Kawi! Although the GSX-R wasn't bad, I want my Kawi fix!

·
Registered
304 Posts
I still have an '86 1000R and now my '04 12. I have and always will be a Team Green kinda guy. I hope to sell the '86 so I can get an 04-05 10.... We'll see

·
Registered
36 Posts
my first bike was a suzuki gs500, great bike had a lot of fun with that bike and learned a lot with it, made me a better rider than a faster bike could have, but i wanted more power so this fall i bought a new 2006 ZX-6R Ninja 636. wow, i love this bike, power all the way through the rpm range, handles really well, and it looks amazing, i think it'll be a while b4 i get tired of this bike. my first kawi.

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
Two ........... a 1984 KZ1000J ... bored 1100cc, port and polished, blueprinted and balanced, K&N pods, muki carbs 38mm? (cant remember, but fairly sure) close ratio gear box with a quick shift, lowered head running 12.5/1 compression (including domed pistons), 4 into 1 exhaust with a VERY short muffler 16"x 3" internal measurement (loud as feck), steering damper (WP)
um.... shift light and some other bits and pieces.
Loud as hell and sat on its rear wheel everywhere it went........ either that or rear wheel sliding out of every corner............ just loved it
The other is my 1998 ZX9R C1 road, mods on the way.

·
registered member
523 Posts
my first was a 94 zx-9, then a 96 zx-9, yet another 00 zx-9 which was stolen,,,

NOW THW ALMIGHTY 12

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dang Voz...what was the allure of the ZX-9 to keep you coming back over and over? Do you have pics of all of them?

·
registered member
523 Posts
Hmm.. really dont know ..they were wicked fast for the time.. first bike in the 9sec range..

only pics i have a soft copy,,, are the 00', have to scan the others..one of these years!!

·
registered member
523 Posts
DAMN I REALLY MISS THIS BIKE.... HOPE WHO EVER STOLE IT DIED ON IT!!!
NAH..THAT WAS HARSH!!,,, KARMA WILL GET THEM!!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts