Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Under the assumption you have a CCW, do you ever carry a concealed weapon while riding? I am only asking to see if there is anyone who does this for the self-defense reasons.

·
Registered
236 Posts
iam looking into getting my c.w.p soon,cause i work late in SOUTH st.pete..bad area...

·
Registered
23 Posts
3 things that never mix well.

In the previous states I have lived CCW's were not only easier to obtain, but less regulated once issued. In OR, the Sheriff practically "books" you into the system, and issues long mandatory waiting periods (even for purchase). I have yet to update my previous states CCW, to OR, for this simple fact.

I would rather use the rocket under my ass to remove myself from the situation, then have to fumble my sidearm form an inconspicuous place just to exchange a few misdealt shells.

So, I really cant imagine a situation that would require a firearm, that could be avoided, when on bike.

Now I am not a gun control advocate, I don't like the concept of CCW, because it gives into gun control...and it is "The Man" throwing us a bone.

There are three things that never go good together, and I LOVE THEM ALL:

alcohol, guns and bikes.

(maybe list our prized pistol: 1956 Tokerev Custom Caliber 9mm Para, Generals Edition, with Chrome-molly barrel, Billet Steel Slide and frame, with Japanese Bluing Technique, and a forged reinforced hammer set, custom molded carbon grip, only houses Federal Hydra-Shock HP's)

(Dead Guy Ale, Black Butte Porter & Arogant Bastard Ale)

·
Registered
649 Posts
I really cant imagine a situation that would require a firearm, that could be avoided, when on bike.
I woud have to agree although I do carry a Kershaw 1/2 serrated knife with me at all times. I suppose if I was held at gun point for my bike I would give them the bike, but if there was no gun involved I would surely give them the Knife!!!:rotflmao

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have seen a guy slide and blow his leg off when he fell off the bike. Had a gorgeous custom CBR1000 and decided it looked better after he binned it. After the lenghthly slide on his side, the pistol decided to let one off and shoot him in the leg. The stupid thing is that this fool carried one up in the chamber all the time.:banghead

·
Registered
184 Posts
Carry a Glock 27,165gr Hollow points,40sw.
For the time I really need to get that special someones attention!
It's another one for our constitutional rights I excercise.
I never stop for strangers,but I also won't allow a stranger to try and get the drop on me.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I woud have to agree although I do carry a Kershaw 1/2 serrated knife with me at all times. I suppose if I was held at gun point for my bike I would give them the bike, but if there was no gun involved I would surely give them the Knife!!!:rotflmao
Concealed carry is completely illegal in Illinois. I don't even own a gun. I'm not against it, but whenever I have enough money I buy bike parts instead. I was going to buy a kershaw (kick ass knives). I was looking at one with a spring assist opener. Loved it, but couldn't see spending the $100. I do carry a pretty nice stainless spyderco.

·
Registered
72 Posts
LOL..I carry a model 19 Glock and a Kershaw, and yes, best knife Ive ever owned. It really depends on where Im heading. I live in a small town, so if Im in town I dont carry, if Im going out of town, Ive got it. You just have to use common sense with a gun. If ones allready aimed at you, forget about it and give up the bike. On the flip side of that token, road rage is absolutely, possitively out of the question.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
IMO its useless, we are guys riding motorcycles, who will f__k with us. Now if i was riding in a bad town or something, i would carry my desert eagle .50

·
Registered
75 Posts
my pops rides the black 10se with a .45 sig strapped on him...everyone on the road sees it...perfectly legal in va with a concealed weapons permit :rockets :rockets :rockets

1 - 17 of 17 Posts