Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It took me 2 days to be able to write about this, but here goes...

I was at a party on Saturday night at one of the girls from my baseball teams house... and hour from where I live.

I decided to ride up because it was beautiful out, and I was going riding with the boys the next day and needed some seat time on a relaxing ride alone.

We get to the house, and it's bbq, horseshoes, and drinking. Of which I'm all good with as I don't usually drink, but I'm staying overnight, and my gear and my keys are all locked up (I don't drink and ride as a rule anyway).

There is 2 groups here... a few people from our ball team, and friends/family of the girl who owns the house.

No issues to speak of, and everyone seems to be getting along.

FF to the evening, fire going in the pit, everyone has eaten, and some have indulged a little too much in the alcohol. My shortstop is sitting by the fire and 2 girls are sitting there talking with him. Well one of the girls husband is drunk and starts fighting with her because she shouldn't be hanging out with other guys. Apparently it's a crime to talk to someone of the opposite sex in plain view of your spouse because you obviously must be sleeping with the guy you just met, in the backyard of a family BBQ right?

Anyway, they scrap for awhile, and then there is obviously a dividing line between the two groups. We are all sitting by the fire, they are all sitting by the deck and making comments about us, and making lewd comments to the girls when they walk into the house for another drink. Nobody reacts and we just laugh it off.

1:00 am... I hear a bang... an unmistakeable BANG. I get up and go around to the front of the house, and there is my 10R flipped over on the ground (kickstand side with the stand still down), and someone puked all over the seat and the tank and wiped it on the handlebars to boot.

It's not as if they just pushed it over, it was parked beside a car (on pass side), and they literally had to lift it to make it fall over on the kickstand side, as the stand was still down.

I didn't know whether to cry or kill someone. I couldn't pinpoint or accuse anyone because how can I prove who did it?

I went to the girl who owned the house (she's a firecracker to begin with) and she tore a strip out of all the guys and demanded to know who did it. Of course they all denied it.

She offered to pay for the damages, but I won't let her. Her 14 year old son even offered me the money he makes from his babysitting job ($80) if that will help with the repairs... sweet kid.

So everyone is yelling and screaming and trying to get to the bottom of this... and I'm the guy sitting by himself at the fire with a drink in my hand watching the flames.

Everyone is waiting for me to go postal and kill someone.... but what is the point? Ruin a friendship by fighting her family, have to take on probably 6-8 friends who are standing up for one another anyway, and at the end of the day the bike is still broken.

How would you handle this situation?

Damages:

Pigspotter2 mirrors smashed
Upper fairing cracked from headlight all the way over
Lower left fairing gouged from ground
fender scratched
handlebar end slider scraped
left signal light has scratches in it

·
Registered
63 Posts
wow that sucks man!!!!! i have to say you are better than me i would have been ready to let it go down. if you say she is a firecracker i think she may have understood. they apparently are some a-holes anyways and need a good reminder of it. but i do understand respect and know that if its not your house to try and hold it back. just remember karma she can be a b-otch. good luck man!!!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
my bloodpressure went up reading that...i think you handled it perfectly, i would have sat there in disbelief too...sure some people would say you should have beat their ass or shot up the place but im sure those worthless people aren't worth you going to jail.

you may not have caught them but karma is a bitch:thefinger

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys... however, I'm no saint.. trust me. If I knew without a doubt which one of them did it... they would be paying for the damages, either in cash or blood...

There just wasn't enough proof, and again, wrong place, wrong time... However, if I knew who it was, I would have had to stand in line behind the girl that owns the house, and the girl I was with... because either one of them would have kicked the crap out of the guy, and almost did. :rotflmao

·
Registered
60 Posts
omg, got mad just by reading about this,but if i where in that situtation i would not left whitout nowing the one thats guilty,there will probaply be a couple of suspect people so i would only ask it ones andif none immedaitly answer i would have taking the biggest ones off the suspect and hit the shit out off him no warning given. and the firts thats trying to leave at that point is probaply the one that rect your bike so thats the next that will not leave whitout damage.will probaply be the lasted bbq there but i wont have the my trigger is just to sensitive for such situations.

A solution is maybe possible ,you can foul the insurance if that family has a big family dog,could maybe try to tell the insurrance the dog jump against your bike and it fel over on the other side.works 80% of the time

·
Registered
16 Posts
There was definately a crime committed, a quick police report might help if your going through your insurance. But dont worry, what goes around comes back around.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Sorry to hear, that sucks, we had a keger at our house, i made sure me and my roomates had our cars(evo 9, sti, wrx), and bikes(r1, 10r, 600rr) inside the garages before it all started. As the night went on, two guys got into a fight in front of the garage, it got messy, my buddies car got all banged up, i felt bad for him, but happy for our stuff.

good luck on the repairs, u have full coverage right?

·
Registered
57 Posts
The worst part of something like that to me is the pure friggin chickenshit pussy move that it is. They didn't have the balls to do anything to your face so they damage your bike behind your back like a piece of shit coward. :rant

That is something that has always really pissed me off. PURE CHICKENSHIT MOVE! I would never do anything like that to someone, no matter how much I didn't like them. It's showing your a complete coward.

I hope you eventually find out who did that to your bike. I also hope you never party with such a bunch of assholes anymore.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Somebody should have gotten punched. That is such bullshit. A buddy of mine had his leather jacket lifted at the bar. He asked the guy sitting next to his stool 'you got my jacket?' 'No?' POW! punch to the face, guy down. Next guy 'got my jacket?' POW! number 2 down. He continued down the bar taking every guy off his stool. Never did get his jacket back. Now not everybody can pull off a move like that (I couldn't). But this guy is the type who could and did.

·
Registered
94 Posts
man I would be so pissed off. I remember I found a scratch on my bike i went gascan. but then again if you didnt see who did it its almost impossible to find out. Just remember Karma will get them back.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys... trust me... I wanted to do just about everything that was mentioned here... but rational thought prevailed as I said.

As for full coverage... yes I have it, but I won't be going through insurance. It's not worth it... deductible is higher than what it will cost to repair it, and I don't know about the U.S., but in Canada, if our insurance companies can't stick it to someone else's insurance company, they stick it to their client and raise their rates the following year. It's classed as an accident and a claim, and someone has to be responsible.

If you can't prove their was someone else, then you are the only one involved and you get the shaft.

It's just a lesson learned is all. A crappy one, but a lesson no less.

The part that burns my ass.. is what I didn't tell you... one of the guys was chirping that he has a SuperBee worth 100 grand... and he would never do that to someone else's stuff.... and followed it up with "maybe it's his own fault... he shouldn't have brought his bike here!!"

WTF?? Was I supposed to show up in a POS rusted out car knowing that the backwoods country F&[email protected] were going to trash my ride?

The more people I meet... the more I like being out on the road with just my bike.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Thanks guys... however, I'm no saint.. trust me. If I knew without a doubt which one of them did it... they would be paying for the damages, either in cash or blood...

There just wasn't enough proof, and again, wrong place, wrong time... However, if I knew who it was, I would have had to stand in line behind the girl that owns the house, and the girl I was with... because either one of them would have kicked the crap out of the guy, and almost did. :rotflmao
:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

Hey man, the person that did that must have left finger prints some place and thats when i call the cops to take them and tell me who its is. Then you take them to court for the damages and legal fees.

Well done though, you took it like a man and better than i would have

·
Registered
191 Posts
Bad situation... Caught between being pissed & wanting 2 fight somebody jus so you don't look like a punk that just got his bike shoved over.. Personally I would've wanted 2 shoot up, but being that I didn't know who it was & the fact that I was at someone elses home I would have done the exact thing that you did.. What goes around comes around and getting into a fight wouldve only caused MORE damages. Theres not a SINGLE thing you could've done to make that situation any better..

·
Registered
526 Posts
Bad situation... Caught between being pissed & wanting 2 fight somebody jus so you don't look like a punk that just got his bike shoved over.. Personally I would've wanted 2 shoot up, but being that I didn't know who it was & the fact that I was at someone elses home I would have done the exact thing that you did.. What goes around comes around and getting into a fight wouldve only caused MORE damages. Theres not a SINGLE thing you could've done to make that situation any better..
i dont really think its cuz he didnt wanna look like a punk, i think its jus the whole idea of someone touching his baby, pukin on it and tippin it over jus got to him so much that he didnt care if he looked like a punk or not, THAT WAS HIS BAY BEE!!! lol.... but self control stayed in control. way to go.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I came out from my apartment one time and my bike was slashed. The cover was all torn up, and when I took it off, my windscreen was all carved into, and my tires were popped. A couple other minor scratches here and there, and I was pissed. I had the same bike (ZX11C1) stolen, and the guy who did it left it behind the dumpster. When the apartment lady came out, she said right in front of the cop "Were you drinking last night? The maintenance crew found your bike behind the garbage!"

Teeth seething, it took everything I could to say, "Oh no ma'am, someone stole it. Thanks for finding it for me..."

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
As I said... my deductible would be more than what the cost to fix it is. At this point I'm just going to fix it.

No fighting, no bitching, no ruining any relationships between me and the girl who owns the house (even though she swears she is going to pay for the repairs still).

It's just easier. There are too many people in the world too anxious to damage or hurt others.... I'm not trying to stand on a soap box here, or win some humanitarian award... don't get me wrong. I'm still pissed about it (and would lay out anyone that I saw doing that to my, or someone else's bike if I caught them doing it on purpose)... but what is anything that I do going to solve in the end??

Thanks for all your opinions guys. Appreciated.

·
Registered
98 Posts
i tend to obsess over my bike. if this had happened to me i would be experiancing uncontrollable anger and probly wanna hurt somone too. i would sell the bike because i refuse to own anything less then perfect. and me knowing it had fallen over would make me feel it was never perfect again.
but with me i dont leave the opertunity for any situations to happen. i only take it out for joy rides and bring it back home when im done. never park it anywere or take it anywere as transportation. just to go out for a fun time. this way i know it will be parked safe in my garage every night.

·
Registered
291 Posts
How would I feel? well; it would be grounds for murder, Swoosh!!! That sucks man, but for the most part I wouldnt put my self in that situation for the simple fact that when I go out with the bike I put her right where I can see her. Therefor eliminating the increased chances of something like this happening.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts