Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found an '02 ZX-6R for sale, $2,800 (non-negotiable price).

Here's the low-down on the bike:

22,000 miles

micron exhaust

brand new front tire, rear tire has 600 miles on it

integrated blinkers

year old battery

"serviced at regular intervals"

Normal wear-and-tear (scuffs) on fairings

Leaking front fork seal

Seems like a pretty decent deal from what I've seen, but I admittedly don't know much about ZX-6R bikes. Is 02 a good year? Anything that jumps out at you about this bike? He said he's fine with me taking it out for a ride and whatnot. He's also planning on installing a new chain as well. Here are the pics:

Anything in particular for these bikes that I should look out for?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
35 Posts
That seems a touch high to me. Granted I dont know much about the 02's, but I would still say thats a $2000-$2200 bike at best.

The fact that it has scratches, leaking fork seals, etc lowers it a bit for me.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I would say that price is ok, except for the leaking fork seal. If you're mechanically inclined and fix it yourself it's not terribly expensive bet you still have to take the front end apart, and you have a shop fix it they'll probably charge you a decent amount.

NADA says about 2600.

That seems a touch high to me. Granted I dont know much about the 02's, but I would still say thats a $2000-$2200 bike at best.
<--That's about what I would say

·
Registered
427 Posts
i sold mine with 25k miles, in perfect condition (lil Scratch here and there) for 3000.. bought it for 2200.... i wouldn't pay over 2200 for that bike... ask for receipts and what not for all major work like valve clearance checks and all that good stuff. with new chain and sprockets and all that maybe 2500. keep looking for bikes while your at it........overall the 95-02 was a great zx6r strong engines and comfy to ride.. i kinda regret selling mine

·
Premium Member
5,064 Posts
i wouldnt pay 2800 for it. the leaky fork seal is a 300 dollar job just in labor. i would offer him 2k and come up to 2500 as the highest. the little things give it reason to drop the price.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
go and ride it.
tell the seller when he replaces the chain & SPROCKET(S) and Replaces BOTH fork seal(S), you will give him his price of 2,800. If the seller isn't willing to fix the bike, you will give him 2,100 cash (non-negotiable)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts