Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...when there is dirt, rodents, cars, manholes, cracks, gravel, patches, potholes, ruts, and everything else all over the road and street?

When I first got into motorcycles, I'd take a corner and rely on my suspension to do its job to absorb all the bumps and stuff. I learned how to ride just fine, but I had a lot of faith in the road and in other drivers.

Now I feel like I go too slow out there because I'm too paranoid, too cautious of every and any safety hazard out there. The state of the road and the traffic is nerve-wrecking to just relax and enjoy the ride and get better at riding.

It's not as easy as it use to be to just pick a line and cut through the turn.

I think I am going to start thinking about more time out on the track and off the street.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I guess it all depends on where you live too. I live in Tucson and we have to worry mainly about old, retireed people cutting and running you off the road.

It's not too bad here yet though. You can still take a lot of the back roads around the city on weekends and have a really kick @ss time. City traffic sucks, but nearly as bad as somewhere in NYC or Chicago of course.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The sand from winter is still around here some. Since I haven't been riding that long, I just don't think I know where the "good" roads are yet. Other than that, the only complaint I have is the idiots that refuse to fix the leaks in their cars. The other day I slid clear across the intersection because I couldn't stop. No screeching or nose dive, just felt like I was on ice. Back to your original thought about a good line, I think I just still suck. Practice, practice, practice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts