Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

my 1 yr factory warranty expires in Jan. i am leaning towards buying a 4 yr warranty for $450. Is it worth it, i mean how good is kawasaki's warranty coverage record? has anyone had experince or dealt with any issues before? Was everything covered, any delays or problems? Any replies welcome.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
already have full system exhaust, i mean my worry is if the motor craps, will they cover it, how long will my bike be down, what do u have to proove etc, anyone delt with these issues

·
Registered
21 Posts
there really good about it had a 250 blow up 2x replaced motor both times free about a wk turnaround time

my zx10 had both forks done, damperner, subframe all eplaced, my buddy has his forks done 3x now

good luck btw i got 13k on my 10 and i beat the hell out of it as you can tell forks and subframe cracked!

already have full system exhaust, i mean my worry is if the motor craps, will they cover it, how long will my bike be down, what do u have to proove etc, anyone delt with these issues

·
Registered
443 Posts
My experience with Kawasaki warranty is pretty good. I put my brand new 2007 ZX10R for repairs after only 3 months after purchasing it (bike would crank up but not run). I wasn't happy. :rant

To make a long story short, the service department was on the phone with kawasaki and they spend hours troubleshooting it. They even replaced the ECU ($700 :scared ) in the process of troubleshooting the problem. They covered all parts and all but a couple of hours of labor which believe me...I was happy they covered the number of hours as they did :evil

·
Registered
366 Posts
I didn't buy the 5 year when I got mine, but I think I will.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya, mee too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts