Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

How fast is too fast? What's your limit?(MPH)

Votes: 4 6.7%

Votes: 1 1.7%

Votes: 5 8.3%

Votes: 2 3.3%

Votes: 7 11.7%

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • What's a speed limit?

Votes: 35 58.3%
  • I broke the frame on my Slowzuki, but I can run fast.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's your limit?

·
Registered
683 Posts
ZX 11 goes 100 on accident. 120 is comfortable. At 150 you know you're movin.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
184 Posts
On the highway around town (465) posted speed limit is 55mph.
The middle lane (3) travels at 65mph.
The fast lane,left lane travels 70-75mph,those who travel with a purpose move close to 80mph.
Now if you really want to prove your point it's close to 90mph.
It depends how close staged traffic is,and how much of a hurry I'm in.
I always travel the fast lane atleast 70mph.On the bike it's close to 90mph and if ideal conditions cruising speed is set at 110mph.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Between northern Utah and Cheyenne Wyoming the freeway is so straight there are sections where you crest one hill and can see the crest of the next hill five to ten miles away. I made a trip to Denver on this route and was averaging around 90 with a lot of time in the triple digits. Looking back at that trip I am surprised I didn’t end up in jail

·
Registered
184 Posts
There are sections of I-74 towards Ohio that are flat and wide open.
You can see the medians all the way-out as far as the eye can see.
No troopers waiting for their next citation.
This is where I like to open it up.
So far I've made 165 on the speedo,but thats within the limits of break-in I'm trying to stay within.

·
Premium Member
4,288 Posts
I'm slower than tin tops if there are houses and kids.......... but after that......... bye bye

·
Registered
18 Posts
Depends on the road. Usually 10-20 above the posted limit. Faster up on the mountain. Middle of nowhere-as fast as she will go. Fastest so far was buried speedo in the bottom of Death Valley,thinking I was hauling ass until 2 F-16s outta China Lake came over the top of me 100ft off of the deck on burners. Seemed slow after that:crazyloco !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Around town and any place with lots of cross streets I try to be no more than 15 above the posted ie 60 in a 45. Short burst up to 90 or so if there is a long stretch. On the highway late at night with limited traffic well...... Let's just say I was trying in vain to catch my boy's 06 Gixxer 1000 one night and brother was he ever on it! We'll leave it at that

·
Registered
117 Posts
I always obey the basic speed law....

'Only go as fast as it is safe to go'

Of course sometimes that is 60 and sometimes that is 180.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Rifleman;I bet the 2 F-16s had you pegged also,and thought to them selves that dude is booking on a bike.Let's play with him and give him some heat.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Rifleman;I bet the 2 F-16s had you pegged also,and thought to them selves that dude is booking on a bike.Let's play with him and give him some heat.
Exactly! They had come overhead in the opposite direction and I had shown them 'The Horns:crazyloco' as the flew by. Wasn't expecting them to come back and strafe me,but it was beyond cool. All I could think was"Don't tease me,take me for a ride!"
I've been driving truck in the Mojave for about 20 years and have seen some badass aircraft getting busy. MAN,what it must be like to control THAT kind of HP!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts