Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it fast enough to rip my arms out of the sockets?

i just ordered a 2007 green zx10R today!

i just came off a 600 and have never ridden a 1000. what was your first impression when riding your first 1000 after a 600?

·
Registered
157 Posts
2 friggen fast and pop a wheelie in almost every gear! But I must say, they sure are fun to ride

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
1st impressioin... Be Careful.... its way more than you're used to.

Congrats onthe new ride.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Ha Ha Ha they aren't that bad, i came off a 250 to an old gpz600 which had less power than the 250 then to the 10.

If ur gentle with it, it's like riding a 250 but just don't twist that throttle too hard.
Can be kinda bad MMmmmkay!

·
Registered
116 Posts
is it fast enough to rip my arms out of the sockets?

i just ordered a 2007 green zx10R today!

i just came off a 600 and have never ridden a 1000. what was your first impression when riding your first 1000 after a 600?
you must take extreme care when you try to speeding this monster.
It don't give you any signal when there was only one wheel on the ground.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
welcome and congrats. Control your wrist and u will be fine. Take time during the break in to get used to the bike.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Congrats!! I'm sure you'll do just fine with the extra power - nice color choice too - green's the best (and fastest??)

·
Registered
9 Posts
welcome from a newbie to another and my one sugestion is throtle control is everything on a powerfull motorcycle and I think solar yellow and red are faster than green and blue zx10's of course........anybody want to agree?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase, you will enjoy it...

The bike will only do what you make it do... take it easy on the throttle, and you'll live to enjoy it throughout the summer...

careful going into the turns too hot, and coming out too heavy... you'll spin up the wheel A LOT FASTER on a litre bike, than you will on a 600

with that being said, if you survived the 600, you'll survive the 10...

respect the power!

·
Registered
62 Posts
your power is really low feeling...kinda like a muscle car compared to a honda.. your gonna pop wheelies like crazy from the very beggining of the rpms....be careful flying through turns cuz you have way more power than your tires have grip..ya hear me?..and be careful on wheelies too because it will roll back on you faster than u can blink.....so jus be careful and be incremental...its alot of fun, congratulations you gotta a rocket under your ass

·
Registered
366 Posts
I've crashed mine already...

So from a guy who's destroyed one ZX10 already (explanation coming soon), watch out. They're too fun. Waaaaay too fun. And on a smooth highway, 150 feels like 25. It's amazing...

·
Registered
9 Posts
My buddie let me drag a little knee on his ZX-10R last Saturday. "My opinion" The ten is a friggin Monster. Once you open that throttle it was like "hold on sally!"! Top end?? I saw 175 and it was pullin like I was in third gear... In the canyon it was a razor, but ya gotta play with the gas and stay out of first gear in the tights, well, unless you are Rossi or related to the Haydens...
It Made my ol'man 9R feel like a tank.(I still love her though)

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
nice

·
Registered
116 Posts
My buddie let me drag a little knee on his ZX-10R last Saturday. "My opinion" The ten is a friggin Monster. Once you open that throttle it was like "hold on sally!"! Top end?? I saw 175 and it was pullin like I was in third gear... In the canyon it was a razor, but ya gotta play with the gas and stay out of first gear in the tights, well, unless you are Rossi or related to the Haydens...
It Made my ol'man 9R feel like a tank.(I still love her though)

what a nice road:cheers

·
Registered
19 Posts

U will be ok.... I hav been riding for years but went from 94 KAt 600 (tank but my teacher for 12 years...) to '06 636 to the 10... keep a lite to medium wrist and you will enjoy the hell out the bike... oh and enjoy wheelies...lol... But comfort is amazing, it has tuck written all over it and feels good doing it! Milage ahhhhhhhhhh ok... compared 2 my 636, about 35 mpg instead of 40-45.... Other than that enjoy!... Oh and you barely see Red when its passing you! :nana B E Z 1
NYnja

1 - 20 of 24 Posts