Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I know Kawi doesn't use 02 sensors. So which sensors does it actually use on a zx6r to control afr? Dealer tech wasn't sure or didn't want to tell me.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
A good ECU and maybe an air temp sensor or something along those lines.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I mean all stock no power commander. Unless u mean the stock ECU lol. I imagine it uses tps and map maybe a maf but I would just kinda like to know and not assume lol ya know what they say about assuming hahaha

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Well you asked how kawi does it, they use a good ECU. If they used a shitty one, it would be shitty xD

·
Premium Member
15,095 Posts
It's a speed density setup like the old Fords before MAF.

I don't know about the others but mine has an intake air temp sensor. I don't know about a MAP sensor, but it's a possibility.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahh so the. Essentially a slip on exhaust system would be compensated for with the overall slight increase of air if I'm thinking simply enough. And unless you change intake diameter or forced induction everything "should" be compensated for as far as what the predetermined afr would be

·
Premium Member
15,095 Posts
Nope. It doesn't compensate for anything over intake air temp IIRC.

I know with Fords speed density setup they get all sorts of pissed off when you start changing stuff.

Pretty much if you do an air filter and slip on you will need a power commander.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts