Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to ride more, i get that. But I have an issue and wanted to share. Back of the pack. I get lost behind because I can't (or want or dont) take the twisties as fast as the rest. How do you guys (and girls) know that your not going go over. Can someone tell me how they take the turn, meaning rpm wise and stuff.

·
Registered
164 Posts
you just gotta be comfortable...don't push yourself. You'll get better, like everyone says...practice makes perfect...the more you ride the better you get. I finally started keeping up with the back and then my bike felt squishy...so i tuned my suspension and it feels a million times better...I had help though, you don't wanna mess with that stuff unless you know what you're doing. After that, new tires and now I'm staying in the front....but it has taken me a couple years...don't rush it, you'll get there. The best advice I ever got was to brake before the turn and be set up when you start, i prefer to be higher in the r's and just ride through, if you feel like you're not gonna make it lean more...it's scary the first couple of times but you've seen the pros you know the bike can do it....stay safe

·
Registered
208 Posts
Excellent advice.

Ride and ride and ride, get a few thousand miles of experience at your earliest opportunity. And get a book, like the "Twist Of The Wrist" Series by Kieth Code, excellent moto-instruction and insight.

Do these two things and you'll be noticeably getting much better before you know it!

·
Registered
532 Posts
I agree with both the comments above, do not worry about it, and definately you must not be intimidated by the others in your group!!!!!!!:angry :angry

Get a friend that can really ride well, and with the right attitude,(not GMAC):crackup :rotflmao , and go do a couple of trackdays, let him ride in front a couple of times (starting off slowly) to show you the correct lines, and slowly increase the pace until you get the chicken strip to about 10mm (1/2"), then let him ride behind you to check you out and give advice. But this whole process should be spanned across about three months. You cannot learn to keep up with the fast guys in one or two days!! Take it easy!!!!!!

Oh yes, and in the twisties (open road), you must first get to know the road and conditions, never try to go fast on a road you don't know!!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
be safe and know your limits, not all of us can bend it down, after scraping my exhaust a few times i learnt to just slow down a little!

·
Registered
288 Posts
ride at your pace and maybe run the twisties by yourself. that way you won't feel any pressure to keep up with the faster riders. over time you'll get better in tuned with your bike and the way it handles. and don't stress out about it just relax and have fun on your bike. in no time you and your bike will be one, cutting through the twisties like a hot knife through butter. and eventually you will be in the lead pack. use the force luke, become one with your bike and everything else will fall into place. :thumbup

·
Registered
32 Posts
My best advice is...look ahead while you're turning...look at the end of the turn...keep the throttle steady and the bike will come through. You'll learn to shift your weight and lean off the bike a little. Never left off the throttle or hit the brake in a turn, because you and you're bike will end up in the ditch. Like the comment said earlier...brake before the turns...and make sure you are looking at the end of the turn..not the ground. :crazyloco

·
Premium Member
4,419 Posts
My best advice is...look ahead while you're turning...look at the end of the turn...keep the throttle steady and the bike will come through. You'll learn to shift your weight and lean off the bike a little. Never left off the throttle or hit the brake in a turn, because you and you're bike will end up in the ditch. Like the comment said earlier...brake before the turns...and make sure you are looking at the end of the turn..not the ground. :crazyloco
^^ with him....... and .....your tyres are better than you, they will still be hanging on long after you let go...... so put a little faith in your wheels

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
+1 +1

1 - 13 of 13 Posts