Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 zx6r

how do you get into dealer mode to see the codes? I have a repair manula and i know you are supposed to ground out that female plug under the seat. Ive tried grounding it out to a bolt on the bike and to the neg side of battery,.... can someone explain please?

Also - close to the front of the bike there is a 2wire male connector under the gas tank on the right as you sit on bike.... that isnt conected to anything... whats that for? I dont see anything that could connect to it.

hope the 2 questions arent related. lol

btw the bike wont start-- it was flashing FUEL across the speedo but i put a new pump in and now it dont say fuel but it still wont fire up. just cranks and cranks over.

thank u

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
I believe that lone orange wire under the seat on the left you tap it to ground like 5 times. I know on the R6 you turn on the key and hole reset and trip till it pops up. I know someone else should chime in shortly.

·
11,782 Posts
○When a problem occurs with the DFI system and ignition
system, the DFI indicator light (LED) [A] goes on.
NOTE
○Use a fully charged battery when conducting
self-diagnosis. Otherwise, the light (LED) blinks
very slowly or doesn’t blink.
○Keep the self-diagnosis terminal grounded during self
-diagnosis, with a auxiliary lead.
•Remove the front seat (see Front Seat Removal in the
Frame chapter) and pull the self-diagnosis terminal [G]. •Turn the ignition switch ON. •Connect an auxiliary lead [E] for grounding to the self
-diagnosis terminal. •To enter the self-diagnosis dealer mode 1, ground [A] the
self-diagnosis terminal for more than 2 seconds [C], and
then keep it grounded continuously [D].
○Count the blinks of the light (LED) to read the service
code. Keep the auxiliary lead ground until you finish reading
the service code.
FUEL SYSTEM (DFI) 3-39
Self-Diagnosis
•To enter the self-diagnosis dealer mode 2 repeat opening
and grounding [A] the lead more than five times [F]
within 2 seconds [C] after the lead is first grounded, and
then keep it grounded continuously [D] for more than 2
seconds.
Self-diagnosis Terminal [G]
○Count the blinks of the light (LED) to read the service
code. Keep the auxiliary lead [E] ground until you finish
reading the service code.
NOTE
○If the self-diagnosis mode is in dealer mode 1 then you
need to enter the dealer mode 2, turn off the ignition
switch once.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There ya go.
thank u shifty i appreciate it... I actually have the repair manual that sez that.... and i read it... and i tried it.,,,, i know exactly where to plug it in but its not working.... my question is do u plug in tthat aux wire to the negative terminal of the battery or just touch it to any bolt on the frame?

i know it also sez that is the prob is with the pump,pump relay, ecu relay, or injectors ... then the light wont come on.... so maybe its one of those thats broke?

heres the back story- at first it was flasking the word FUEL across the speedo, and i attached a fuel line from the bottom of the gas tank and it wasnt spitting nuthin out,,, so i put a new fuel pump on the bike,... and its not longer saying the word FUEL but the check engine light isnt coming on still.... but its still not starting.

my next step is to measure the relays with multimeter... but i wana get thru this step first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts