Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank the inventor of Lava soap! This stuff is the best! No matter how bad my hands look covered in whatever after working on my bike, Lava soap just wipes it right off.

I've used that orange stuff but it always feels like its eating your skin right off.

What do you use to cleanup with after working on your bike? Is there anything out there better than Lava soap??

·
Premium Member
4,453 Posts
diesel fuel then some hand cream, works for me.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Fast Orange has always been my favourite to use... but it sucks because it smells good enough to eat.

Note: don't eat it ... it doesn't taste nearly as good as it smells. IMHO

·
Premium Member
4,453 Posts
rotflmao

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nitrile gloves. Last alot longer than latex and handle stuff like carb cleaner and degreasers alot better.
If I get in a hurry and don't glove up,I use either dishsoap or shampoo to wash my hands.
I've tried barrier creams,but I have a problem with some kind of dematitis I got from being force to work gloveless in a solvent tank at GT Bikes when I was a kid,so I really need to keep oil/fuel/solvent outta direct contact with my skin. When the funk rears its ugly little head,I found I can knock it down with a product called Hibiclens. Its a clorehexidine solution that docs use to scrub with. Even with the gloves,I always wash with it after wrenching.
Then I put on some Neutrogena hand cream. A dab wil do ya and your hands won't smell like a womans(no offence to the estrogen set intended).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts