Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some say that when you ride your motorcycle on the street, it is natural to attract more attention from the police, regardless of how fast you are going.

What can one do to attract less attention from the police? Is it as simple as one's riding posture or position? Is there a certain speed that one should travel in relation to the surrounding flow of traffic?

For those that have many riding years of experience under the belt, what kind of advice can you pass along? Obviously, going the speed limit is always one of the best practices - but what else would you say or recommend?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Only been stopped once at Mt Glorious Queensland when every man and his dog was out. They were just checking licences. The only other comments were from a female police officer at a servo who thought the zx6 looked great. The again I don't clown around in town only on a couple of local back roads.
gammac

·
Registered
498 Posts
In Malaysia, rarely police stops any big bike. I've gone thru many roadblocks and 99% they just look at you ask you to move along. There's this one time was ask of my licences and roadtax and that's about it. Police here knows not all people can afford big bikes here in Malaysia especially with it's high maintenance cost, roadtax and insurance. 2 of my police friends told me that it's good the louder the cans as it gets you noticed from motorist around you and they know that you are there and are more weary.

·
Registered
236 Posts
i would have to say ,if you like to street race take it to a drag strip...and if you like to stunt go to a back roads area were the cops dont mind if you play,stay off the 6 lane highways...i have 21 years of experience riding in florida and i have seen and filmed alot of crashes in my short life.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I would say don't do the squid thing at the light and go WOT to the speed limit and let off.

A cop that comes into my work all the time says that's what attracts most cops to riders.

·
Registered
184 Posts
The color draws your attention immediately.(Lime Green)
When eyeballing Johnny Law,I never turn my head to see if he's going to follow.Strictly use perpherial vision.And scan the mirrors.
Void the squid in me in the city,open it up at times when I can scan the road ahead and see no PO in the bush or oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Dont tuck, 55 in a tuck LOOKS faster than 55 setting upright. Don't wear the ricki racer gear, stick with the basic boreing bland look. Don't look guilty when a cop is next to or behind you, your body language gives you away.

·
Registered
98 Posts
i have met many cops and i always ask them how they feel tward bikes and what would make them pull somone over. they all pretty much answer the same. most wont necessaraly pull u over for speeding. they said that you have to be rideing like a total wreckless douch bag for them to want to pull you over.
I myself on certain days ride like there is no speedlimit but for the most part i stick to 15- 20 over. i have been pulled over at least 6 times in the last 6 years. only once did i ever get a ticket and it was cause i was rideing a wheelie right behind a car on the highway. I got a carless driving ticket. I have been pulled over for doing 125, 145, 130. 90. every time they said to slow down and to have a nice day. The 145 was in a 50 and the officer that pulled me over first thing he said was im not goign to give u a ticket. i just want you to please slow down cause i see alot of people get killed. I know its a beautiful day out and u just want to have some fun but pease slow down and that was it. thats pretty much how they all been.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Actions speak louder than words. What you DO or DON'T DO while riding, is what matters.

Wheelie on a crowded street? Burnouts in a crowded area? Pointless dry revving to redline? :crazyloco Quarter mile practice runs when the traffic signal turns green? Doing doughnuts in the Starbucks parking lot? Stoppies at stop signs and red lights? Etc., etc., etc.

What you DO or not is what's gonna get you all that unwanted police attention, or not.

·
Registered
785 Posts
What can one do to attract less attention from the police? Is it as simple as one's riding posture or position? Is there a certain speed that one should travel in relation to the surrounding flow of traffic?
That is about it.
Sit up a bit more, less aggressive pose.
Up shift, dont make so much noise.
Get in the right lane, left is for passing.(faster)

Around here, if you are wearing some gear, the law will
more then likely not mess with you.:headscratch
Those with the flip-plops and shorts sporting the lid on the side of
the bike are very much under the scrutiny of Johnny.:squint

Most of us older guys know most of the officers from back in
the day any way.
But, there is a generation around here that just want to play a
fool on the streets.
So, guess who gets pulled over all the time.:smile

·
Registered
164 Posts