Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
16,062 Posts
4 lb hammer.

J/K.
That's usually the location of the nut for the foot lever.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's the 2009-2012 model.

I crashed it, I dunno how I just exiting a corner and the back stepped out and then the next thing I knew I'm in the air. Luckily I was fine and the crash bungs protected most of the bike but the brake pedal, exhaust cover and the front fairing that goes round the lights, though it didn't get any scratches it just cracked :S

Just need to replace those bits but Can't seem to get that undone and the front fairing is annoying to get off so I broke it off and sent it to get repaired lol. When I put it back on I'm gonna make sure it doesn't require 50 steps to get the thing off again.

·
Premium Member
15,095 Posts
To get the bolt out spray some WD-40, JB80, PB Blaster or some form of penetrating lube on the opposite end of the head (if it's open). If you can't get to it chuck it up in a vice or something, and use either a cheater bar on an allen wrench or an allen socket with an impact.

It's just got locktite on it.

When you put it back together make sure you put blue locktite on it. Don't want the bolt to back out and your foot controls to fall apart going down the road.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll never put that horrible stuff back on these bolts, they stay in just fine without it thanx to corrosion, which happens within a day it seems in this nice British weather lol. I've got my fairing and stuff repaired and put it back with most of the screws missing that made it so hard to take off. There are so many screws holding that stuff on, it's so unnecessary and I reckon they only do it so you give up and take it to the garage.

I don't know what it is like living in the US but in Britain the garages want to charge you half of what the bike is worth to do anything lol. They charge you so much to do a service and I've sat and watched them and it's nothing I cannot do for peanuts. The problem is people don't want to buy a bike without a service history as they don't trust you.

I took this Brake pedal to the Kawasaki garage to ask them to undo one bolt as I don't have the tools, they tried to charge me for it when it would only take a second lol.

·
Registered
141 Posts
:angry:headscratch
I took this Brake pedal to the Kawasaki garage to ask them to undo one bolt as I don't have the tools, they tried to charge me for it when it would only take a second lol.
They tried to charge you to fix something you didnt have the ability to fix?!?!?!!? HOW DARE THEY!!!:angry:headscratch:angry:headscratch

I'm being a little fickle here, but the thing is, they arent charging for the few seconds it takes to fix it, they are charging for the money and time they spent training and learning how to fix it, they are charging for the tools that they have that you dont have, they are charging for the light bill and insurance premiums....everything is bought and sold, including services...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is only one Allen key and I got it from there anyways, would have thought they could help as it was the first time I've been back, not like I go there every day for something.

Went past an MOT garage on the way back and they got a tool with a lot of leverage, two seconds and it was loose.

Nice some people help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts