Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok, so heres the deal, im just bought a 1999 Kawasaki Ninka ZX-7R. This is my second street bike, the first being a 1998 Honda CBR 600. The first couple things i noticed about this bike is that it is heavy, but it seems very planted. Also how do you know if a bike is true, that is if the bike is straight. I heard that you just get up to speed and let go of the bars and if it doesnt veer right or left then its straight. Is this a good method?

·
Premium Member
4,288 Posts
No ....... you need some straight bars placed down either side of the bike .... if its not true there will be a different sized gap on one side at the rear.

·
Registered
990 Posts
As above or use a string line to check wheel alignment.

Any bike manual should describe the procedure.

Also check rear wheel adjustment marks as a visual aid.

Have you any reason to suspect that it is out i.e. is there any evidence of crash damage/repair?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not really any evidence of a big crash, frame looks fine, just you know worried about the new bike. When i drive and let go of the wheel it veers to the left, none of the other bikes that i've had have veered, they usually just track straight.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Also, check your adjusters on your real wheel. Being slightly out on one side will cause you to drift a little to one side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts