Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any motorcycle out there that scares you? What motorcycle is it and why does it scare you?

Be honest.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Yeah, my 10R worries me a little. LOL

Update: New one is at the shop and will be ready for round 2 this coming week.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have my ZX6R and i'm more then happy with it. I'm farly new to riding and the power of this bike is amazing. I think the idea of the 12R or now even the 14R is a kinda scary thought. I have yet to really ride my bike hard at all twisties/speed and i'm still rather impressed by it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I find my 6r to be scary

I used to ride with a cbr 600f2 .. and I wasn't scared of it that much..

so the jump to the 6r is scary for me.. I can't even think about a 1000cc

·
Registered
990 Posts
I don't think I have ever ridden a bike that intimidated me but the old Jap superbikes had some rather disconcerting handling characteristics, my '79 GS1000S & '84 Z1100R would both go into a high speed weave at max mph. :eek

The Suzuki T500M had rather badly damped rear shocks & the back end would look well out of control to anyone following on bumpy bends, also the standard brake linings faded very easily, leaving me with NO brakes at all a few times :tard . As for tyres, up to & including the Z, Jap tyres were replaced as soon as possible with Avons or Brit Dunlops, as they were dubious in the dry & down right lethal in the wet.

These days the bikes are better designed to handle the power, with far better chassis', brakes & tyres to what we had back then.

An interesting feature on my Norton 500 single & my brother's Bonnie was that if you did not give it enough of a swing on the kickstart they would back fire & set the carbs alight :violent . You had to jump off very quick & blow the flames out. The Enfield 250 would just kickback & try to break your ankle :evil

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hi there guys. I must say that i think the R1 with NOS was the worst thing. The bloody thing would pick the front up at 7800 in 5th gear when you hit that button. He only had 35BHP shot on it

·
Registered
54 Posts
Uh, the bike I've got now it pretty intimidating! I took it up to the mountains yesterday and put about 300 miles on it! I will flat out go when you tell it to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts