Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Yeah, my 10R worries me a little. LOL

Update: New one is at the shop and will be ready for round 2 this coming week.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have my ZX6R and i'm more then happy with it. I'm farly new to riding and the power of this bike is amazing. I think the idea of the 12R or now even the 14R is a kinda scary thought. I have yet to really ride my bike hard at all twisties/speed and i'm still rather impressed by it.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I don't think I have ever ridden a bike that intimidated me but the old Jap superbikes had some rather disconcerting handling characteristics, my '79 GS1000S & '84 Z1100R would both go into a high speed weave at max mph. :eek

The Suzuki T500M had rather badly damped rear shocks & the back end would look well out of control to anyone following on bumpy bends, also the standard brake linings faded very easily, leaving me with NO brakes at all a few times :tard . As for tyres, up to & including the Z, Jap tyres were replaced as soon as possible with Avons or Brit Dunlops, as they were dubious in the dry & down right lethal in the wet.

These days the bikes are better designed to handle the power, with far better chassis', brakes & tyres to what we had back then.

An interesting feature on my Norton 500 single & my brother's Bonnie was that if you did not give it enough of a swing on the kickstart they would back fire & set the carbs alight :violent . You had to jump off very quick & blow the flames out. The Enfield 250 would just kickback & try to break your ankle :evil

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.