Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
this has happened to me twice already. stupid oil pumps, that were suppose to stop once the tank was full..but this time..it completely over flood the tank, and so much gas came out, literally covered my tank, i had to get off of the bike and whipe it all off! and leaving a pile of gas on the ground. i wasn't paying attention cus i thought that it would have stopped by itself, and was staring at the gas prices wondering when they are gonna go down.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Gas is still under $3 dollars here but not for long i'm sure....

·
Registered
144 Posts
That's the worst thing you can do. Always stand over the tank and look down to make sure you're filling it up right.

this has happened to me twice already. stupid oil pumps, that were suppose to stop once the tank was full..but this time..it completely over flood the tank, and so much gas came out, literally covered my tank, i had to get off of the bike and white it all off! and leaving a pile of gas on the ground. i wasn't paying attention cus i thought that it would have stopped by itself, and was staring at the gas prices wondering when they are gonna go down.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have heard that in the USA the dif stations charge dif rates on gas. I have a mate who stays in Canada and he recons that if he drives about 10 miles past the first station by his place he pays about 60c less per galon. I dont know how true that is if any one would care to comment.

Gammac, you should get out of OZ my man, it sounds like they are trying to rip you a new one.

·
Registered
117 Posts
It's all a racket. I live in a small port city where at any given time there are one or more oil tankers waiting to offload at an oil refinery about 45 miles from here. But I pay $3.76 a gallon. Not bad compared to the rest of the world but way higher than the national average.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The gas will eat off the wax and possibly the clearcoat. Its a good idea to put a coat of wax on the affected areas.

·
Registered
157 Posts
If you think about it, gas will eat through a plastic cup. The best thing you can do is wax and not have it happen often because all of us have done it before!

·
Registered
604 Posts
this has happened to me twice already. stupid oil pumps, that were suppose to stop once the tank was full..but this time..it completely over flood the tank, and so much gas came out, literally covered my tank, i had to get off of the bike and white it all off! and leaving a pile of gas on the ground. i wasn't paying attention cus i thought that it would have stopped by itself, and was staring at the gas prices wondering when they are gonna go down.
If you spill gas on you tank enough it will eventually(sp) eat through the clear coat and paint. As long as you don't do it often you should be fine... But i wouldn't do it at all...

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have heard that in the USA the dif stations charge dif rates on gas. I have a mate who stays in Canada and he recons that if he drives about 10 miles past the first station by his place he pays about 60c less per galon. I dont know how true that is if any one would care to comment.

Gammac, you should get out of OZ my man, it sounds like they are trying to rip you a new one.
Used to vary a lot here in Canada (40c/gallon + or -). Not anymore though. They "created" a shortage in Feb./07 that shut off supply for about three weeks in one major center. Now it's 80c/gallon more expensive and the same no matter where you go. Talk about getting screwed :sex

·
Registered
134 Posts
Wash it then wax it and you'll be fine. Also make sure you wipe of the gas immediately. If you wipe it off right away the wash ans wax it then you're fine.

·
Registered
67 Posts
IM just above 3.50 a gallon for the super over here. It goes up and down i can get it 20c cheaper per gallon 20 miles north of my house by my buddys house. Go figure

·
Registered
38 Posts
I pay 3.89 in some parts and the cheapest was 3.66 just depends where in the city you are. I always run out downtown and its always the most expensive I hate my luck.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts