Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently ordered a hugger for my 07`zx6r from hotbodiesracing. When it came in i noticed that the clearcoat was very dull, not even close to the bike finish! I decided to take it upon myself( since i am a painter by trade)to lay down a few xtra coats of clear. It turned out awesome. Still dissatisfied that i had got an unfinished product, i e-mailed HOTBODIESRACING.COM. and explained in detail the problem i had and what i went through to fix it. The very next day, Roger Davis , pres. of HBR., e-mailed me back, and offered me a FREE windscreen for my bike! I`d like to personally thank roger and HOTBODIESRACING for handling this situation in a professional manner. It`s nice to see that there are still reputable companies out there that stand behind their products.:mfclap

·
Registered
63 Posts
they sound like a quality company. I've wanted new plastics -after I realized (today) the fiberglass crap I got from ebay, don't fit together properly. Unfortunately they don't have anything for an '01 9r. Glad it worked out for you.

I bet the windscreen didn't hurt either:thefinger :crackup

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered an undertail for my 04 636 while they were in a changeover to ABS from fiberglass. Well, I got the fiberglass no biggie. It had a couple VERY small pinholes in the finish. Not really enough for me to complain about however the "no modification needed" for installation wasn't exactly the case. Just above the undertail in the rear section, there are two round rings on the frame cross piece that I wound up cutting off. After that, the fit was great. Just as a note, the 4 led turn signals work fine at night but, virtually invisible during the day.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, i guess that`s the norm with some of these aftermarket products. Like for my hugger, i had to notch out my chainguard to make it fit. If you have a legitimate complaint, contact them by e-mail. They should make it right. I know with hotbodies they have a 30 day return policy, although i would rather have a workable product.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It seems like it. I think I may be just over the 30 day limit....I bought it in April '04. I just signed up tonight but, I've been reading the forums for a while. I'm still happy with the undertail, don't get me wrong it was just a little more work than I expected. They have since gone to ABS and maybe that is better..

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Well, it took approximatley 3 months, but i got my free windscreen! Thnx Roger Davis!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts