Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

Hotbodies undertail exhaust

8K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Summerwolf 
#1 ·
Im thinking about getting a hotbodies undertail exhaust for my 06 636... can anybody tell me what they think about it?

#5 ·
My brother got the hotbodies kit for his 05 ZX6R and had a lot of problems with the engine shutting off. After a lot of troubleshooting and money spent, he had the ECU relocated under the seat back farther away from the exhaust - problem solved. It is really loud, and nobody will ever want to ride behind you. I don't care for the sound either. But it does look good.

#9 ·
abs = ABS Plastic

I heard one of these the other night for the first time... now I'm okay with loud exhaust, but this is obnoxious.

Same story, this guy said nobody will ride behind him. He has a twin brother who also has a 6R, and he says he can't stand listening to his brother's bike.

Just some info for you... ultimately you have to decide.

#12 ·
lol, go to my myspace page

www.myspace.com/summerwolfrunem

The instructions with the kit specifically say relocate computer and have nothing back there for airflow. Fit is okay, but I've noticed the right tip was hard to align and it did eventually melt some of the ABS, but not enough to notice. It sounds like its straight out of MOTO GP, nobody cares about riding behind me, and its fine for long trips....lots of top end power too. Its a fun bike.

#13 ·
oh yah, the blinkers kick ass for bike blinkers, they're extremely bright red and fit very well with the rear end. I didn't feel like drilling holes in my new tail section for the license plate though so I mounted it on the side of the swingarm where the chain gaurd used to be and have never had a single hassle from the police...if cruiser bikes can mount their plates like that so can a damn sport bike.....rode next to them at night like that and they didn't care just nodded and waved when I nodded at them.

#15 ·
Umm, they're brighter than factory...you can EASILY see them during the day there are some really bright LED bulbs in those things. Have you seen one/have one...so far I think I'm the only one that does. I've rode behind my bike on a friends' and they're pretty bright and the bike isn't horrible to ride behind, no worse than my friends RC51....

lol

#17 ·
well, some people say it'll melt your bike down, and its a horrible product and this and that, and if you follow instructions and pay attention to clearances you won't have an issue...I do a little bit of bodywork on the side though so, maybe that helped out I didn't exactly take the instructions at face value. Yours have to be going out then or maybe an earlier version cause mine are bright as hell. I've got a 636 with PCIII and K&N air filter and have kept even with several 750 Gixxers and beat the shit out of every 600 I've came across, have never ran into a ZX6RR but I don't think it would be much of a challenge.

#18 ·
if you follow instructions and pay attention to clearances you won't have an issue...I do a little bit of bodywork on the side though so, maybe that helped out I didn't exactly take the instructions at face value. Yours have to be going out then or maybe an earlier version cause mine are bright as hell.
I agree, even though the instructions warn you not to install it yourself, get a professional to do it.
I didn't have any trouble. Just take your time. With the new instructions the seat cowl doesn't get hot. My indicators are very bright as well.

I do think it is too loud for everyday riding though, so I'm in the process of making a baffle for the middle joint. I will post pics when I have finished.

#19 ·
summerwolf im not talking about dragin on freeway im talkin track. iv had no melting or probs ,the lights must be old, i got it when it first came out a couple of years ago. ill post some pic tonite. my rr has out draged a 750.
hows your 636 against your buddies rc 51 ,probably just as fast on the top,just pulls harder low?? my buddies rc gets smoked on the twisties,but hes not nicky hayden or anything.

#20 ·
Eh it keeps pace but I'm not as good a rider in any way shape or form as he is. I like it, the sound power look everything....but I like loud cars, straight line speed and just plain having fun in general

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.