Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me relate the latest experience I had with Hotbodies Racing in regards to their new undertail exhaust, and why they have this set up for virtually all sport bikes except the ZX10R...

Posted by me:

I keep checking your site for the undertail exhaust for my '06 ZX10R, but
the link never works and I cannot see what it looks like.

Please send me info on this complete with pics and prices.

If you do not have pics etc., and are looking for someone to install one,
take pics and provide... I'll do it. Just send one on over to me. LOL

Hoping to hear from you.

Thanks.

Posted by Matt Beier - Hotbodies Racer Support/Sales

We originally planned on doing one for that bike, but fell behind on the other projects and now I do not think we will do that one anymore. You can check back with us at a later date, but I doubt anything is planned for three future besides huggers and undertails for now.

Posted by me:

So you're not doing one for a brand new model?

And you're simply not going to offer this set up for brand new ZX10's?

Is that what I'm getting from your email?

If this is what you're saying, then I'm sorry to say if you are eliminating
my bike from your parts production for this item, I certainly will not be
purchasing any of your products in relation to huggers or undertails.

I also belong to several forum boards, specific to Kawi, and I will be sure
to communicate to the other Kawi owners that Hotbodies has merely decided
that ZX10's are not their priority for parts.

Thanks for your reply.

Posted by Matt Beier - Hotbodies Racer Support/Sales

wow thanks!

Posted by me:

You're actually thanking me for decreasing your sales?

Then, you're welcome... I guess.

If this is the way that Hotbodies Racing responds to legitimate questions from their consumers... I leave it to you to decide if you want to continue to support them or not.

As stated... you won't see any Hotbodies items on my ride... Period.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Wow, what a bunch of cock suckers. Never heard anything good from them in the past so I never made any purchases from them. Now I definatley wont give them my business, nor will I tell my friends to use them.

·
Registered
138 Posts
i'm sure glad i did NOT buy my hugger from them!! i will not, nor allow anyone that mentions the name to buy products from them. i'm sorry to hear about this really. but, customer service like this deserves no business. sorry to hear Swoosh, you had to deal with service like that!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Wow... I'm speaking in real time at the moment. *Closes out the HotBodies tab on FireFox*

Thanks for the warning.

·
Registered
60 Posts
thats not the way to communicate to costumers or possible costumers,i wont buy there and tell the story around.hope they shoke on kawa parts.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guys... I'm getting somewhat jumped on for this post on PNW... so I thought I would enlighten you to what I said there, in point form.

Yes I may have acted out of order.
I didn't mean to sound whiny in this post or on emails to that guy
I was just upset about the fact that they make it for 3 of the 4 top litre bikes, but not mine
Hotbodies customer service sucks (IMHO)

I should have posted that I would notify other kawi riders that they were not making this, prior to stating that I wouldn't buy their items, so that it didn't sound like a threat to their business.

Sorry if this seemed like a tantrum. I still won't buy their stuff, but that's just my personal opinion.... I won't support a company that chooses not to support my bike... and my bike only (in regards to all new 1000cc bikes)

Just my $.02... take it or leave it. :lol

·
Registered
58 Posts
I don't even want to touch this but, your initial inquiry to them would've been fine. Your followup inquiry was completely out of line, and basically came off as threatening that they either give you something they aren't making or you'll blackmail and bash them publically.

I actually have to agree with the reps response, short sweet, and the end of it. There wasn't going to be a way to make you happy because you weren't getting a product you wanted, hence were going to post negatively about them anyway. You could've just said "Thanks for the response, I'm sorry you won't be making one but appreciate the timely reply."

Thats my 2 cents :rolleyes

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Noted... and agreed.

Which is why I posted what I did Tsw...

I realize that I reacted a little over the top.. and probably should have re-read my reply before sending it... just sometimes emotions get the best of people.

Much the reason why you posted your reply... following "I don't want to touch this but...." You still felt the need to give me your opinion...Much like I felt the need to tell this guy mine.

I can admit that I was out of line... the end?

·
Premium Member
4,288 Posts
Gold brother, My faith is swoosh has been restored

·
Registered
138 Posts
I don't even want to touch this but, your initial inquiry to them would've been fine. Your followup inquiry was completely out of line, and basically came off as threatening that they either give you something they aren't making or you'll blackmail and bash them publically.

I actually have to agree with the reps response, short sweet, and the end of it. There wasn't going to be a way to make you happy because you weren't getting a product you wanted, hence were going to post negatively about them anyway. You could've just said "Thanks for the response, I'm sorry you won't be making one but appreciate the timely reply."

Thats my 2 cents :rolleyes
yes, Swoosh probably could have mention it better in his reply back to hotbodies. however, no matter how emotional a customer may get. it is always best to reply back in a manner that is appropriate. why? cause each person especially a customer service person represents the company. especially to consumers that can and do sometimes get emotional about their product. that's just my sense having worked in the field.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Haha, you got me there. Crazy world isn't it.. we both know we're being somewhat out of line, but we felt compelled to hit reply. Sheese, I think its a sport bike thing. We all need doctors!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts