Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The horn on the C14 is a joke. A replacement is necessary. The question is what to replace it with? So anyone out there have a recommendation? What bike has a good OEM horn?

·
Registered
98 Posts
The horn on the C14 is a joke. A replacement is necessary. The question is what to replace it with? So anyone out there have a recommendation? What bike has a good OEM horn?
The horn on my 2007 Nomad wasn't bashful in the least. Had a nice sound.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Have a look at this site...The "Nautilus compact Tuning"...could be what you are looking for. :rolleyes

http://www.stebel.it/stebel/index2007.htm

·
Registered
368 Posts
Interesting perspective TedG. I actually found the C-14's horn to be the loudest production horn I've ever heard. It's no slouch, but I'm sure you can always do better. A co-worker recently bought a '05 Connie and he found an air horn (with mini-compressor) at JCWhitney and it sounds like a Mack truck coming your way. He mounted the mini-compressor up under the fairing. All depends on your preference I suppose.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting perspective TedG. I actually found the C-14's horn to be the loudest production horn I've ever heard. It's no slouch, but I'm sure you can always do better. A co-worker recently bought a '05 Connie and he found an air horn (with mini-compressor) at JCWhitney and it sounds like a Mach truck coming your way. All depends on your preference I suppose.
You should hear mine, I honked at a lady coming over into my lane, I honked and I could barely hear it much less her. Something is wrong them, I am going to check the adjustment if there is one.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interesting perspective TedG. I actually found the C-14's horn to be the loudest production horn I've ever heard. It's no slouch, but I'm sure you can always do better. A co-worker recently bought a '05 Connie and he found an air horn (with mini-compressor) at JCWhitney and it sounds like a Mach truck coming your way. All depends on your preference I suppose.
You should hear mine, I honked at a lady coming over into my lane, I honked and I could barely hear it much less her. Something is wrong then, I am going to check the adjustment if there is one.

I just checked the adjustment, I improved it a bit, but it still is wimpy, I have the 10 right there and it is louder. It is hard to adjust by yourself, I will do it again when someone gets home.

·
Registered
451 Posts
See if you can fit dal horns. One high tone and one Low tone. Any Dual tone horns will vastly improve the sound but you do need some extra room for the second horn to fit. Sometimes they can be piggybacked. I had Dual horns on my K1200LT and they were they biz. The best horns on any bike I have ever heard. Scarred the crap out of anyone in earshot.:devil

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi

the one on my CB1300 is really not bad. Always when i have to use it everybody around is jumping away :scared :scared

marc

1 - 11 of 11 Posts