Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Happy day today, picked up the new black beastie ! very pleased so far !:smile ! Except - The horn is awful :thumbdown ! it sounds like a scooter horn ! I had a similar experience with my last bike the CBF1000 and fitted a Nautiluss two tone horn, which was superb. If I want to use the horn to let another road user know I'm there - I want them to know it, not just suspect it !. So my question is ... Has anyone fitted an afetmarket horn ? if so which one and any fitting photos to show how you mounted it would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Simon.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Fitted

I fitted Bosch electric Alpine dual horns. Had to make up bracket to hold both off of the original but makes everything jump out of my way now. Also added the Bosch horn relay supplied too:clap

·
Registered
451 Posts
Chez, any chance of posting a link to the horns you chose.? so we can find a suitable aternative in the UK

·
Registered
22 Posts
horn replacement

Hi Simon. I fitted a pair of matching snail horns from M&P for £8.00. They come in three colours, red, black,and blue. The sound is loud and brilliant. Ken.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The first thing I changed was the horn. I fitted a Fiamm Low Tone in place of the stock one. Much louder. I was concerned about interference with the fender under full fork compression so I pointed it to the rear to get as much clearance as possible. Also keeps the rain out of the horn. A word of caution, if you touch the radiator it will mar it. I think it's made of aluminum foil.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts