Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just spoke to Dale Walker at Holeshot Racing regarding an exhaust (slip on) for the 08 Connie. He will be making a prototype very soon (mid Aug), possibly using a 17" muffler. I'll be taking mine over to his shop today for him to take a look for planning info.
Will keep you all posted! :clap

http://www.holeshot.com

·
Registered
85 Posts
Excellent. I looked at the 2 bros on line and it looks good, but I don't really want to spend $500 on just a slip on.

I'm also concerned about the noise level. My ZRX sound fantastic, but is loud - the C14 needs to be a bit quieter.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Update on Holeshot Prototype Slip On for the 08 Connie

Dale has high interest in developing a slip on system for the Connie. I stopped by his shop after work today. The Connie will be going to the shop tomorrow for R&D work and hopefully will have a prototype on the bike before the end of the week. I'll get to ride around with it on until Dale gets back from vacation in mid August to fine tune the prototype before going to production.

For the preliminary R&D, I believe he will be using a 17" muffler for the prototype but the 21" might be another option depending on the outcome.

Will post pics as soon as I get the bike back from him:crazyloco

Check out his website to see some of his work and also his history in the motorcycle industry.

He will be working on a few performance mods for the Connie as well ie; Check out the "TFI" box on his website - this will probably be the next mod after the slip on for the Connie.:thumbs:
http://www.holeshot.com/

Email him on your desired sound level so he knows what cores to use on the majority of the production slip ons.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Just visited Staintune in Australia and they are looking for someone to loan them a Connie to make a pipe. Ofcourse you get one free at the end but they need your bike for a few weeks.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just visited Staintune in Australia and they are looking for someone to loan them a Connie to make a pipe. Ofcourse you get one free at the end but they need your bike for a few weeks.
Well? WHat are you waiting for?...loan 'em yours! :lol

·
Registered
215 Posts
Not on your life.

Not me. I don't like Staintune pipes and I have heard about test bikes they have had in the past needing repairs upon return. Besides I want to ride mine.:nana

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Holeshot Slip On Prototype Installed!

I picked my Connie up today from Dale Walker "Holeshot" with the prototype slip on. It's totally friggin awesome. Sounds and looks great. I can't post pics since it's an unfinished prototype. I get to to play with it for a week to give him some feedback on it. I really really love it! The prototype on my bike has a can with a 2" core, sounds throaty at idle. I just got home and rode it around in town for a couple of minutes - low-midrange has improved considerably. I'll provide feedback tomorrow after riding to work on it..17 miles. I like the unfinished pipe look, pretty cool.:crazyloco
Check out his cool videos on his site...pretty rowdy

http://www.holeshot.com

·
Registered
160 Posts
I don't like the look of the Two Brothers muffler, it looks unfinished. I hope that at least the front end of the Holeshot can is tapered similar to the stock one, rather than square like on a sportbike and that the hanger is a welded tab instead of a strap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts