Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tried to sync carbs again....i now know there is something wrong with cylinder 3 but i dont care anymore.....just wanna ride....i think its vapor locked (sucked some water up from manometer) anyway it sat for 2 months maybe...its hot now so i bought battery charger and charged it first time i put back in backwards blew main fuse replaced it.....put in right way.....

heres the weird part....it tried to start when battery was in backwards

now it wont do anything when its in right way....

no headlights but dash lights up, wont crank or anything turn signals turn on but dont flash all fuses good unless its a relay thats bad....could i have fried the ecu or starter? or do u just need to hand turn to unlock engine ect...im thinking toast battery but unsure since the charger i bought also will tell uif battery is no good and it hasnt done that yet

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Fluid in the cylinder is called HYDRO-LOCK, vapor lock occurs when the fuel begins to boil and vapor and the fuel pump can't suck or push the steamy concoction to the carb.

If you thumb the starter and the headlights do not work you could have blown the inline glass fuse.

It's possible you blew out the relays inside the junction box.

Do you have a voltmeter? You can test to see if the starter is getting a signal from the solenoid and test to see if the solenoid is getting the signal to trigger the starter.

******* way is the short across the terminals on=f the solenoid with a screwdriver or length of wire and manually trigger the starter.

Josh

·
Registered
517 Posts
Your main fuse blew when you put your battery in the wrong way & protected everything else. I did the same thing once. I realized I was screwing up as I started to hook up the 2nd cable. Too late! I touched the post with the cable. It blew the main fuse. I put the battery in right, replaced the main fuse ('cause nothing worked) & it started right up. Don't know if this helps you or not, but maybe it can relieve your mind about putting the battery in backwards. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok thanks ill check those out yeah the lights on the dash kinda fade a bit when i try to start it

·
Registered
272 Posts
its lights are fading as u turn it over, it sounds like ur battery isnt doing its job keeping up with the load. i know mine is picky about having its battery power. my old battery held voltage and would turn the motor over and over but wouldnt start cold. i put a jumper box on it and fired right up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts