Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have recently stumbled upon a deal of a life time. Someone gave me a 2011 GSXR1000. Clean title, never been down, 4500 miles. As I do not want a GSXR I was going to trade it in. My choices are either a Repsol CBR1000RR RC211, a 2010 R6, 2010 10r or if I can fenagle it, an 05 Aprillia RSV4. Which should I choose. Mostly street riding with the occasional weekend 25MPH corner at 75, and maybe a couple of track days a year.

·
Forum Leaders
19,944 Posts
Someone just gave you a practically bran new GSXR1000? That is a deal of a lifetime...

I think all the bikes you are looking at you can't go wrong with. They are all great aside from the R6 being the runt of the litter based solely on displacement... If it was me I'd look at the 05 RSV-4 quite seriously. However, if I could get the 2010 zx-10r I'd go with that since it is newer and generally cheaper for parts/maintenance.

Personally I never liked that gen of CBR1000 (I believe it was 2005-2007?). Plus I don't like the Repsol ads all over the thing but that's just me.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes the CBR is an 06 i think. The RSV4 would be freakin awesome but if the maintenance is anything like Ducati then I may stay away from it. I think the RSV4 is also an 05. I'll have to figure it out and go from there. I was looking at the R6 only cause I like the Ohlins suspension, and it's great for the canyons and track but really. When will I ever use it on the street. I mean I'm keeping the 7 I have now but. Now to me if I get the Aprillia, that's more a status wow factor than anything. I'd love to find a cheap gen3 10r but I've been reading horror stories about the shifters and stuff so I may look for a 10 or 11 10r.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What's with all the bikes you're getting for free recently?
You showing something on other forums?:rolleyes
Haha. No just running into good luck I suppose. The GSXR is being acquired via trade for another bike. I'll have it this Friday so I'll ride it around a little to see if I like it. If I do I may just keep it. Chances are it'll be traded out.

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
I'd get the 10r or the cbr 1krr . Suspension snobs would like the 1krr and horsepower freaks would go for the 10r ... i happen to be both. The aprilla would be cool but getting parts for the damn thing would drive me nuts.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Aprilias are usually very reliable. They're not at all like Ducs. Aprilias are known as the Hondas of the Italians. The parts are still expensive, though. Almost double of typical Jap bikes. The Aprilia is also known as an "Ape". You prob knew that already. Maintenance isn't a problem. you could easily handle it with your skills.

The '10 10r is the last and best model of the 3rd generation. There are NO shifter/shifting problems. Go sit on it. You need some long legs. The Aprilia is the same way, even a little higher. Apes seat height is almost 33 inches.

'08 Honda 1ks had oil burning issues. This was fixed in '09. The Honda is the lightest literbike in your list. It' s just a little larger than a 600. I have no idea what size woman you are. If you are an average sized woman the '08+ Honda will prob fit you the best. Plan on getting a new saddle. Honda seats are rock hard.

I think you might consider keeping the Gixxer. It's a better street bike the than the 10R, but at the track in stock form the 10R will be faster. The Ape is a wheelie monster. All the other bikes will outrun it top end. The Ape will be a "guy magnet". Can you handle the attention?

An '08 Honda 1K has the power band in the mid-range. Perfect for the street. Parts availability is prob the best for the later model Honda 1K than all your other choices. Which bike is the better track weapon? The 10R of course. The 10R has traction control.

Forget about the R6 unless you want to make it your track toy. As a track bike, it's the best bike in your list. If you take the time to get good with the 10R, the 10R will outrun the r6 at the track too. The R6 is prob the best looking bike. Seat height is high on the R6 too.

I'd look at all the bikes. I'd pick the one that excited me the most. You have a tough decision. Nobody can make it for you.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Literbikes are overkill for the street, but they're intoxicating.
I think your 7 may become the track bike. Your new to you literbike may become your most of the time street ride.

·
Premium Member
13,204 Posts
The Ape is a gas hog, but I'd get it anyway. Lots more character than the Gixxer or Honda.

·
Premium Member
4,944 Posts
I have recently stumbled upon a deal of a life time. Someone gave me a 2011 GSXR1000. Clean title, never been down, 4500 miles. As I do not want a GSXR I was going to trade it in. My choices are either a Repsol CBR1000RR RC211, a 2010 R6, 2010 10r or if I can fenagle it, an 05 Aprillia RSV4. Which should I choose. Mostly street riding with the occasional weekend 25MPH corner at 75, and maybe a couple of track days a year.
For me, the R6 would be on the chopping block.

Now for the rest of the bunch..........the Aprillia is nice, parts are expensive and take time to get.........but a sweet bike, not maintenance heavy like the Duc's.........

............the 1000RR.........solid bike, not a fan, but a solid bike.

..........the 10R is a no brainer, to me..........

...........and as much as you might not like it, try the GSXR for a little bit.......it might grow on you............

I guess all in all, for a "street" bike (day to day) and weekend fast rides, I'd choose the 10R or Aprillia.

·
Premium Member
4,944 Posts
The Ape is a gas hog, but I'd get it anyway. Lots more character than the Gixxer or Honda.
Agreed.

I do LOVE the way the Ape handles.......a friend of mine has one and he let me take it for a spin, LOVE how it "drops in" to corners and is solid all the way.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Here's a really nice '05 RSV 1000R Mille:

Here's the latest and greatest limited edition RSV$ Factory "Carbon" available in OZ.
Apes are every bit as sexy as Ducs.

·
Premium Member
13,204 Posts
Here's the latest and greatest limited edition RSV$ Factory "Carbon" available in OZ.
Apes are every bit as sexy as Ducs.

The RSV4 is the first production machine whose motor mount position is adjustable. Very tasty!

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I get the GSXR Friday, so i'll rock it for a few days while I make my decision. At least I'll know. I really like the Idea of owning an Aprillia, for the awe factor, but again I'm not made of money. I have never really been a Honda fan but the RC211 really get's me a little moist. I'll ride all three and see what I think. Worst case I'll stick with the GSXR.
BTW I'm 5'10" and 135 with gear so either bike is overkill.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I get the GSXR Friday, so i'll rock it for a few days while I make my decision. At least I'll know. I really like the Idea of owning an Aprillia, for the awe factor, but again I'm not made of money. I have never really been a Honda fan but the RC211 really get's me a little moist. I'll ride all three and see what I think. Worst case I'll stick with the GSXR.
BTW I'm 5'10" and 135 with gear so either bike is overkill.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Here are the bikes in question.
GSXR

The ZX10R (2010)

The 2005 Repsol

The Aprillia

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts