Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahh my video wont link. yeah i got hit by a semy andi made a video to show whats up with the bike i just gotta find a place to host it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for your concern i made it ot ok. just some road rash. and for the bike hitting the concreate at 80 mps it barely got scratched up. no frame sliders or nothin. did piss me off though

·
Registered
517 Posts
This is crazy! I understand you being all pissed off & everything but, damn you got hit by a semi-truck?!!! People don't usually just walk away from something like that! They die! You are one lucky dude. You better count your blessings!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i am lucky. if only i coulda popped a wheel uo off it . ha jsust kiddin i know its a weird one. i mergeged on to I-90 in WI and i guess he diddnt see me. i pulled into middle lane and he just moved right into me. I dont remember making it to the barriar on the right but thank god i did. rush hour coulda got me.

BTW my bad for the swearing i learned it in the service and it never left

·
Registered
517 Posts
People in cars get killed when they tangle with a semi-truck. To be on a bike & get hit, that don't happen everyday. The Man upstairs must have a plan for you.

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
i am lucky. if only i coulda popped a wheel uo off it . ha jsust kiddin i know its a weird one. i mergeged on to I-90 in WI and i guess he diddnt see me. i pulled into middle lane and he just moved right into me. I dont remember making it to the barriar on the right but thank god i did. rush hour coulda got me.

BTW my bad for the swearing i learned it in the service and it never left
Every swinging dick sward. Starts from BootCamp. Lol. Glad your okay. Not sure why it would cost 8k unless you known little of bikes and they are trying to stick it to you.

To some people its a rocket.
To others it's freedom. (zx9r)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea. they didnt see the damage, i was trying to explain it to them on the phone. They have to think the bike is more damaged than it is or something. I'll do the repairs myself, i was just hoping you guys would know what piece that is I broke. I've been trying to find a parts sheet and have been unsuccessful so far.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nm just used bike bandit, and apparently the piece i need to order is a stay and costs $55.87. Phew, ill get the girl going again soon.

·
Registered
13,371 Posts
Indeed. It's a little hard to believe that someone who was hit by a semi at 80mph only broke a footpeg.

Did you figure out where the oil was coming from?

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
good luck with repair i wonder if you can get those parts rewelded, may want to ask someone about that, good luck

·
27,825 Posts
After reading this thread, I can only assume that your bike has majical powers against damage, and you are the luckiest SOB I ever seen. Are you sure you were doing 80:headscratch

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
man glad to hear you are okay.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
man glad to hear you are okay.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thank God you are alright, especially without a helmet. Repairs should not be bad and they may have quoted sick #'s because they did not see the bike yet. What about insurance, are you going to file a claim?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts