Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Concours riders, I bought my first Concours 14, mint 2008 model. I'm getting a slow wobble through long sweeping corners when up around 100 or more mph. I had this with the worn rear tire when I bought it and still with the new tire, running Pilot 4. Is it my suspension set up? Original owner never made any adjustments from factory.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Raise the front end off the ground and check for excessive play, binding, slop in the head bearings before you go chasing your tail. My bet is they are loose and just need to be snugged up.

·
6,618 Posts
I agree with taildragger, my guess is the front. The back follows unless major issues, so check with the obvious back there with anything loose. It could be no compression or no rebound damping.

Get down to basics:
Set front and rear sag, adjusting as necessary
If damping is way off to one side or another, get it in the middle, then do small adjustments
Has the rear ride height been adjusted with new dogbones?
Tire pressures are in the range you like? The Connie is heavy, so they are always higher than sport bikes
The new tires were installed to the correct direction?
Have the forks been raised or lowered?

The Connie is rock stable. This should be something obvious.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply's. I've been extremely busy and haven't had a chance to try anything but bike is set up how it came off the showroom floor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts