Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone so I got my hids last season on my 07 zx6 and I hate riding with just the low beam plus ppl stop me and at my headlight is out haha but then when I have my highbeam on i get flashed for blinding oncoming traffic. any diy or tricks to avoid that besies lowering the high beam?? I already did that

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Don't lower the high beam. Leave it alone and tell people they are stupid asses. Put your lights back where they should be.

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
Don't lower the high beam. Leave it alone and tell people they are stupid asses. Put your lights back where they should be.
+1

screw em. i have so many people flash their lights at me and i just wave. only time i turn mine off is if i'm out with other bikes and i'm behind them

·
Registered
333 Posts
I agree, I run my brights anytime during the day. I think its a little over kill during the night but during the day they have no reason to complain.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hold up,
so you guys ride at night time with your high beam on?(both lights) doesn't that blind the other drivers?

Ok, i did that once at night thinking at least they'll see me better, but i got flashed many times. So i stopped.

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
i don't care if they're annoyed by it. they won't be blinded but they'll definately see you

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ah, cause i saw other bikers riding with both lights on during the day time, and i got confused. I guess i should do the same then.

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
i always have an always will ride with both lights on. it also distinguishes it as a bike when theres one light brighter than the other. if at night you see a single head light coming, you usually figure its a car with a bulb out

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah one headlight def looks like a car with one headlight out. I want to ride with both on that's why I wondered if there's any tricks or diy to making the highbeam cut of at similar level then the low beam.i don't mind if its brighter

·
Forum Leaders
19,944 Posts
i always have an always will ride with both lights on. it also distinguishes it as a bike when theres one light brighter than the other. if at night you see a single head light coming, you usually figure its a car with a bulb out
Really? :headscratch The first thing I think of when I see one light is a motorcycle as that would make the most sense and would be more common than a car with a headlight out...

From my understanding the reason they made bikes with one headlight was because if bikes had both headlights on at night drivers would think it was a car much further away than it actually is (because the lights are so close together).

I'm pretty sure you have it backwards :dunno

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
never run hi-beams at night unless their is no one in front of you, running hi-beams at night blinds the people driving their cars, and you are just being a richard cranium in my opinion, i do not do that, be courteous because if you get clipped by a car, well it wouldnt be a good thing, i drive the Highway at night and there are like a dozen bikes with hi beams racing by, have seen cars swerving because they have no clue as to were the bikes are coming
very stupid indeed, if you blind some one IMO

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Hold up,
so you guys ride at night time with your high beam on?(both lights) doesn't that blind the other drivers?

Ok, i did that once at night thinking at least they'll see me better, but i got flashed many times. So i stopped.
You are doing the right thing:crazyloco

·
16,062 Posts
Really? :headscratch The first thing I think of when I see one light is a motorcycle as that would make the most sense and would be more common than a car with a headlight out...

From my understanding the reason they made bikes with one headlight was because if bikes had both headlights on at night drivers would think it was a car much further away than it actually is (because the lights are so close together).

I'm pretty sure you have it backwards :dunno
Bingo.
Which would also cause the oncoming motorist to think they have more time to turn in front of you.
You might think it's a car that's 100 yrds away, as opposed to a motorcycle that's actually only 100 feet from you.
And the excess glare from your high beam, just makes it that much more difficult for them to see what you actually are.
(Can you see who someone is, if they stick a bright flashlight in your face?) :tard
Not to mention, ANYone who rides/drives around in traffic with high beams on, is a dumbass. Sorry if that's insulting. I didn't make the rules, life did. :dunno
Blinding oncoming traffic is NOT safer.
If it needs to be explained why, it's probably a waste of time to try.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Bingo.
Which would also cause the oncoming motorist to think they have more time to turn in front of you.
You might think it's a car that's 100 yrds away, as opposed to a motorcycle that's actually only 100 feet from you.
And the excess glare from your high beam, just makes it that much more difficult for them to see what you actually are.
(Can you see who someone is, if they stick a bright flashlight in your face?) :tard
Not to mention, ANYone who rides/drives around in traffic with high beams on, is a dumbass. Sorry if that's insulting. I didn't make the rules, life did. :dunno
Blinding oncoming traffic is NOT safer.
If it needs to be explained why, it's probably a waste of time to try.
:crazyloco especially when there are a lot of bike flying by you at a fast speed , you may not know which way to go, and if you get a road rage motorist, well then you either better know how to ride fast or prepare for something bad to happen

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Sorry but I'll keep my highbeams on. I don't buy the you look further away bull. I've seen bike with both on and to me its much more visible compared to just the low beam. Maybe the ones having troble with distance need glasses or shoulda choked on that marble when they were little. Just my two cents, not worth much, but hey its mine :thefinger

·
16,062 Posts
Maybe the ones having troble with distance need glasses or shoulda choked on that marble when they were little.
Exactly.
Those are the ones that will kill you.
Those are half the people on the road.
The other half, well, they're probably texting or grabbing the drink they just spilled.
And honestly, that's not even the reason I don't use high beams when there's oncoming traffic.
It's because I don't see any benefit in blinding people.
I fucking HATE when I get high beams in my face.
Why would I want to do it to other people?
Maybe I shouldn't have used "dumbass".
It was easier to type than, "someone who isn't really thinking it over and making a bad decision, based on bad judgment/logic."

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Sorry but I'll keep my highbeams on. I don't buy the you look further away bull. I've seen bike with both on and to me its much more visible compared to just the low beam. Maybe the ones having troble with distance need glasses or shoulda choked on that marble when they were little. Just my two cents, not worth much, but hey its mine :thefinger
hopefully no one will do that to your kin, and blind them and hopefully you wont have someone chase you down with their car, yes i have seen it happen, and usually if you blind a couple of cars they usually will join in, and yes i also have seen that, good luck on doing what you think is right .

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have been chased to the point where the oke wanted to pull me of my bike at a traffic light. I gave him a hiding and rode on. Made me feel much better for the rest of the day. So I'am on high beam all the time now.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I get that so many times "hey, you know one of your headlights are out" i just tell them its the high beam...i rarely use my highbeam...maybe if im on the highway at night and thats about it.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Exactly.
Those are the ones that will kill you.
Those are half the people on the road.
The other half, well, they're probably texting or grabbing the drink they just spilled.
And honestly, that's not even the reason I don't use high beams when there's oncoming traffic.
It's because I don't see any benefit in blinding people.
I fucking HATE when I get high beams in my face.
Why would I want to do it to other people?
Maybe I shouldn't have used "dumbass".
It was easier to type than, "someone who isn't really thinking it over and making a bad decision, based on bad judgment/logic."
hopefully no one will do that to your kin, and blind them and hopefully you wont have someone chase you down with their car, yes i have seen it happen, and usually if you blind a couple of cars they usually will join in, and yes i also have seen that, good luck on doing what you think is right .
Well I'm just going by personal experience. I've had many people pull out in front of me with just low beams, but never with high beams. And I hope we are just talking night time. Because if your not riding with them during the day then maybe check your logic. Also I rarely get flashed for high beams, don't know why but every once in a while I do. I'm now done with this subject, you fella's have fun with the debate, makes for good reading

1 - 20 of 31 Posts