Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ddm 55w 8000k for both hi and low.

Had an issue with the relay harness (see thread http://www.zxforums.com/forums/zx-14-forum/61029-installing-hids-need-help.html) Not running a relay right now. However, both low and hi fire right up

One thing I dont understand. Why do my hi's and low's look different from each in terms of color if both are 55w ballasts and 8000k bulbs?

IMO, the highs have such a nicer color. Highs have more blue in them while the lows are more white. Sometimes it almost looks like the lows have the ugly halogen color to them :headscratch

When the lows first fire up, they have that nice bluish color to them. Once they warm up they turn more white. After a few minutes it looks like they are turning into that halogen color. Is this just my eyes adjusting to the color?

Is this supposed to be that way? If it is, would a 10000k bulb for the low make it look a little more bluish like the 8000k low?

·
Registered
54 Posts
When looked at head on the high beams will appear brighter than the lows as they aim higher. There will also be a difference in beam scatter/pattern between the two. Don't forget also that the lights on the 14 were designed for halogen filament bulbs, not HID. Contrary to popular belief projector beam units for the two types are not the same.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When looked at head on the high beams will appear brighter than the lows as they aim higher. There will also be a difference in beam scatter/pattern between the two. Don't forget also that the lights on the 14 were designed for halogen filament bulbs, not HID. Contrary to popular belief projector beam units for the two types are not the same.
if thats true then then its most definitely the lens playing with the color and light distribution. I need to aim them so possibly bringing the lows up higher may show some more color

·
Registered
36 Posts
that looks absolutely great....i need to order my HIDs....but i also need to change out the rest of the lights....What kind of bulb is the Green one you have up in the corners?? i cant find any info on it and havent been able to work on the bike this week

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a 194 bulb from v-leds.com

on their site they have 2 194 bulbs that are green. the one i have has 6 small led bulbs on it. its bright in the sunlight.

the second green one they have just has one led bulb and is not as bright

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
good deal buddy on the install. your highs and lows are not supposed to be aimed at that same pattern, unless you want to take the purpose out of the highs or lows and make them all the same level ya know. either way is cool, just letting you know you don't want to bring your lows up to far they are so bright they will blind everyone and that sucks. i turned mine down a lil as they use to be up, even my buddys riding in front of me hated it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts