Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so after debating for a while and looking into different forums and what not I decided I wanted to do an HID kit for my '05 636. I decided against the projectors because I felt like it was out of my skill level and felt I should be able to handle a regular HID kit. I had a few questions though...
1) Will I need to replace the stock fuse? From my understanding it sounds like if i start the bike with the high-beam off I should be fine, but if I do so how do I locate the specific fuse for the headlight????
2) Any good threads on here for doing a project like this..? HID kits/ fuse

Oh and I bought a 35W kit with 8000K bulbs if that helps at all?
THANKS!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Depends on ur kit I always have both beams start on my 06 636 at the same time and I still use the 10 amp fuse. Ur fuse box is in ur tail and it will say headlamp I think or along thos lines. Look on ur kit and see what amps they pull. If you have a good kit both at the same time start up is ok. You can always try it and all it will do is blow the fuse. Or just be safe and start up with low beam Only. I have the ddm kit and start up with high and low isn't enough to blow the stock fuse.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright thanks for the feedback. I usually ride with my hi-beam on especially during the day so it sounds like a new fuse is a good idea just to be safe but for the mean time my 10 might work but ill check with the company that I bought it from to check the amps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts