Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

hid kits

680 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Matthan 
#1 ·
Searched and found little of use. I'm looking for an hid kit for my 96 9. It came with some kind of aftermatket bulb that was very bright and blue and would only work with the light switch in the middle halfway between high and low so it would draw power from both otherwise it wouldn't pop off. Caused the plug to melt a bit I only checked because it went out. Looking for a reliable hid kit that will work in the stock housing as I've not found a suitable housing that i think would work to fit a projector lens into. So I'm looking for a kit that will work and/or an aftermarket housing that has a plastic lens or at least a smooth glass lens that wont affect the beam. Any help would be appreciated. I think I saw one for a 98 that might work but am unsure if they are interchangeable. They sure look very similar.

#3 ·
I just put a stock bulb in and it seems the low beam was out and that the rocker switch is a little runaround as to get high beam you have to rock it between high and low. Does anyone know where to get a good quality projector housing? Saw a retrofit thread on another forum. Looked pretty sweet. Plus I firmly agree that without one you'll never achieve the maximum results of an hid kit. If I find some good enough kits I may start doing some retrofit housings to sale on here if the interest is there for them. Ill keep y'all posted. Gotta check and see if I can find some flat plastic lenses to replace the glass one on mine first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.