Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I’m looking for some help, I took my swing arm of my zx12r A1 2000 to powder coat it, on assembly I cannot work out if the washer on the left hand side of the swing arm goes between the swing arm an the frame or if it goes on the outside of the fame under the locking nut.
I have the workshop manual but this is no help, as it’s placement is not mentioned. Or or shown properly in the exploded diagram.
I had things laid out in order but then some big footed idiot kicked it round the garage an yes that was me lol
Thanks for the advice

· Registered
‘83 Gpz750 Resto-mod, ‘78 Kz1000 Resto-mod, ‘18 Z900RS
162 Posts
I cannot work out if the washer on the left hand side of the swing arm goes between the swing arm an the frame or if it goes on the outside of the fame under the locking nut.
I have the workshop manual but this is no help, as it’s placement is not mentioned. Or or shown properly in the exploded diagram.
You’re right that the parts diagram isn’t clear. I don’t know for sure, but my educated guess is between the frame and nut for a couple reasons. 1) The washer would be difficult to install between the swingarm and frame. 2) The washer prevents damage to the frame when tightening the nut (more likely reason).

Later, Doug

· Registered
ZX12R Limited Edition 319/400
10 Posts
I only have this here, maybe it helps.
Font Parallel Number Rectangle Line art

1 - 5 of 5 Posts