Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have just registered myself because i have ordered my GTR on last friday. I hope i will get it within the next 10 days (according to my dealers promises)

Maybe a few words about me:

My name is marc and i am a citinzer of Luxembourg (guess where this might be ;)) I'm still driving my CB1300 from Honda and will keep it because it's (for me) one of the nicest bikes around.
As this is my first english forum i've registered, you might understand that my english is not that good, so please excuse my mistakes while writing strange things ;)

So, i will report as soon as i get my new bike.

regards

marc

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Marc,

Welcome to the Forum. I've passed Luxembourg 3 times in the past 3 weeks getting to Germany, Austria, Italy and Slovenia. I so, so wished it could have been on my GTR but it wasn't at the dealership in time so it was on the trusty BMW instead.

You are very lucky to live in an area which is so convenient for some of the most beautiful parts of Europe so enjoy your GTR and give it a spin on the autobahns, Ardennes, up the Bavarian Alps, Tyrol or Dolomites - so much choice on your doorstep!

Petrol's cheap too judging by the queues at the pumps!!

Dave

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Dave

thx for the welcome! You r right, it's a nice area here. And you can get anywhere in a short time.
Autobahns? Noway! I have bought the GTR because it can be driven in a sporty way. Apearantly, it's as maniable as my cb1300, even better. That's what i was searching for.
The fuel here should be the lowest price around, because as you said, lot's of foreigner travel even especialy to lux. to fill up there cars.

regards

marc

·
Registered
184 Posts
Greetings from Virginia Marc. I also should have a new Concours in the next few days, and am anxious to get it. Keep reading on this site for lots of great tips .

Darren

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Darren

Greetings back to the east coast :) It depends on the way the japanese will take to the states. In case they take the pacific ocean to get to you, i'll get mine before you because they can throw it out from the ship when they get next to europe ;)

let's bet who will get it's first? the one who loese has to spend a cyber-beer :)

regards

marc

·
Registered
184 Posts
Okay Marc,
I pick mine up tomorrow, got yours yet? If not, where's my cyber beer?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hello From Indy!!! Was Your Way In 2003!!! Went 2 Octoberfest Through Bavaria Then To Hamburg. Have Friends There Hope 2 Be Your Way Come End Of September Of 08!!! Have A Pauliner Or A Lowenbach 4 Me & Keep Prosting!!!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi

@Darren

Damn, i'll get mine only on Friday ... (makes another 3 long nights ...)

Bud light? :)

@ NINJARDR91750

I think you r mismatching something: Luxembourg is not Germany! ;)
But for the Beer, i'll get a Erdinger or Paulaner for you! :D

Darren, want to change your budlight to a Löwenbräu? ;)

regards

marc

·
Registered
184 Posts
Lowenbrau? No. I do have VERY fond memories of Heineken in Rotterdam. Just tasted better over there... Down to counting hours now Marc. I'll try to stop long enough to jot down some notes later.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dutch beer? I promise: Bavarian beer is much better :smile

I'll go to my dealer in 2 hours to see if the GTR has been delivered today to shoot a few pics. Hopefully it will be ready for the weekend as i have organised a biker meeting for my friends of the CB1300 forum. Hehe, imagine their eyes if I get there with the GTR :crazyloco :crazyloco

regards

marc

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi

got it!! ouuuuhhh, great bike!! After 60 km i am using the whole backtyre already! I have to agree that it is even easier to drive than the CB1300 from Honda i have for 3.5 years now!
Thx kawa!! Great bike! (except for the windchield, it's worth nothing!)

regards

marc

·
Registered
98 Posts
Congratulations Marc! Have you experimented with the windshield in all it's positions?
Have Fun,
Bob

·
Registered
184 Posts
I know the feeling Marc! Congrats, and dont forget to stop and eat!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Bob

yes! But when you want to be protected from the wind, your ears will fall down within the next 5 minutes. It's horrible!

regards

marc

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@ Darren

it's just incredible!! Except that i have to wait another 500km before i can turn over 4000 revolutions. But i have had a long trip with my CBfriends. They meant they have never seen a built-in kitchen being that fast and habile ;) (i have made the tourguide!)

reagards

marc

·
Registered
184 Posts
Now your friends understand jealousy. I only have 330 miles so far, should be at first service at the end of this week. Do you have ANY concerns about your bike yet?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry but my english has limits. You mean by concerns things i'm not happy about, complains?

marc

1 - 18 of 18 Posts